joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable!!!  It was incredible.  The first half there was almost no wind.  Then as the snow was reaching max intensity the winds suddenly picked up and all the snow was blowing horizontally down the street.  Unreal.  I didn't think it would last this long...nearly 30 minutes.

You guys in Harrisburg look like you are going to get what I got so get ready for the wild ride.

(Chris...sorry to hear about grandmother.  After the squall has passed maybe the roads will be okay between you and me.)

With all the blowing snow I'm not sure my board has recorded completely accurately, but I just measured 2.0".

The stars are out now.  Temp falling rapidly from 30 just before the snow began to 23.3.  My station only measured a peak gust of 28.9 mph.  I have decent exposure but based on the sound the wind was making the gusts had to be closer to 40mph.

Can anyone else with a weather station with wind post your peak gust so far? 

I can see it now. That area of snow down by Baltimore and DC slide to our south, all the while eating away at the squall line, until it's nothing but a quick light to moderate almost non-event by the time it gets here.

And before someone calls me a Debbie Downer, I've seen it happen way too many times to not think it's entirely possible that it plays out that way.

Just play the loop on this radar site and you can see the line falling apart...

http://maps.baronweather.com/?lat=40.785527&lon=-75.978529&city=Tamaqua,%20PA%2018252&city_alias=Tamaqua,%20PA%2018252&alerts

I work in Indiana and got off work at 3. I drove through the squall....it was amazing couldn't see in front of me on US 422. People were trying to pass and someone almost side swiped me. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get home..usually takes 35 minutes. Have about 5 inches of snow. Temp is down to 9.

I can see it now. That area of snow down by Baltimore and DC slide to our south, all the while eating away at the squall line, until it's nothing but a quick light to moderate almost non-event by the time it gets here.

And before someone calls me a Debbie Downer, I've seen it happen way too many times to not think it's entirely possible that it plays out that way.

Just play the loop on this radar site and you can see the line falling apart...

http://maps.baronweather.com/?lat=40.785527&lon=-75.978529&city=Tamaqua,%20PA%2018252&city_alias=Tamaqua,%20PA%2018252&alerts

You aren't a debbie downer, you're just being realistic.  This event was robbed last minute by a little vort max passing over Rockville, MD.  It is evident on LWX radar.

You aren't a debbie downer, you're just being realistic.  This event was robbed last minute by a little vort max passing over Rockville, MD.  It is evident on LWX radar.

That is unbelievable. There is ALWAYS something that screws it up here for me. Looks like DC and Baltimore are about to get ROCKED.

Archived