joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'd love to! I've got a 14 ft flat bottom skiff that I built from 1/8" plywood. It's a little rough around the edges but has a 15hp Yamaha and runs like a mosquito.

On topic, I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon is shat-show on the roads when the squall line goes through.

Right on.. We can talk more when spring rolls around. We don't want to clog this trend with crabbing talk. Boat sound perfect for crabbing.

Ummm, thinking of something to say on topic.

I love wind and snow. Bring it!

NAM sim radar at 18 (1 pm) has a band of snow just east of DC... so that is probably the early band that cones through

0Z NAM shows some light snow in as early as 10AM and if you hit the "NEXT" frame (top right), it looks better at 1PM

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=015ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F00%2Fnam_namer_015_sim_radar.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=sim_radar&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150214+00+UTC&imageSize=L&ps=model

Unless Jeb's dream comes true, of course ;)

Back in 2011 (?), we got so much snow in CT that January that roof collapses were happening. Kinda scary. Of course, the October snowstorm was an all timer in terms of damage.

All extreme weather is dangerous under the right conditions and all can cause major damage. We've been through this before but just because someone likes tstorms doesn't mean they are a renter or have no care for others. Obviously none of us wants a tornado to hit our house. I assume no one wants their roof to collapse under snow either.

NAM seems to be onto something with that band early in the day

http://beta.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USOH0245&animate=true

If I decide to go to the gym around 1pm something is bound to happen.  It always snows just after I get suited up it seems.

All extreme weather is dangerous under the right conditions and all can cause major damage. We've been through this before but just because someone likes tstorms doesn't mean they are a renter or have no care for others. Obviously none of us wants a tornado to hit our house. I assume no one wants their roof to collapse under snow either.

if that's directed at me, which of course it is, you should re-read the line of posts because I said no such thing

Archived