• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

For you guys hoping that band in PA is gonna move NE, just a heads up.

US National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA

**9:00pm Radar Update**

A band of moderate snow (outlined in white) is currently set up between Pittsburgh and Morgantown and is dropping snow from just east of Zanesville, OH through Wheeling,WV, east to Latrobe, PA. This band is expected to gradually move south and east over the next several hours bringing additional snow accumulation for areas around Morgantown, WV and through the mountains of PA/WV/MD.

The edge of the snow (marked by the red dashed line) has crept north of Pittsburgh, stalling just south of I-80. From here, the edge of light snow will stay stationary for an hour or two before slowly retreating to the east-southeast. At this point there is very little possibility of accumulating snow near and north of I-80.

Only thing is, Pittsburgh is 400 miles to our west...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that southern Jersey?

Yes but that was my point...that run of the RAP did not have snowfall in NJ (any parts period) until midnite...there is now snow on the ground 3 hours ahead of what it said.  You said "sarcastically" toss it when it reality yes, toss, because it was wrong.

Doesn't really matter.  It's an old run now not worth debating.  If it continues to be off by 3 hours and verify 25-30 miles north of modeled, hopefully that will bode well for someone in the NYC area.  Good luck all.

Yeah I don't get the point of that post...not one model that I look at even had that band there. State college radar clearly has that band pushing north east. Dca area has now dry slotted

The anticyclone is coming in from the NW...obviously, Pittsburgh is likely to feel its drying effects before the East Coast.  I pray the o.p. does not try to debate this point...

Look at that sling shot! The precip will start hitting quicker now.

Hey..its funny until someone loses an eye...then its hilarious.

I don't know what it means for snowfall rates

but we have 70% relative humidity -

700mb level over the metro -ATM

can we drop the dry air thing??

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/s16/700mb/700mb.gif?1424141693216

The higher the relative humidity, the more moist the air, which is vital for the development of clouds and precipitation. 700 mb relative humidities of 70% and greater indicate the likely presence of cloud cover in these regions. Also, the absence of high relative humidity air can help intensify thunderstorms through strong downdrafts caused by cooling due to evaporation.

Echo Tops look nice

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-EET-1-24#

Whoever posted earlier that the NWS in Pitt said the band in PA would move SE, made a good call, that band is making a push SE now, Jersey should get hit good

Yeah the HRRR has been modeling this each run.....FWIW also the 00z RGEM came in with much of the same. Consistent of course.....Moderate snow makes it up to monmouth county and pulls out

Archived