Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been barking up the same tree with you for 2 days now... U called for 6-12 last night and argued till u were blue, and you continue to discredit every model, I'm done with the convo, we will continue this in banter tomorrow after ALL the models bust for the better and nyc sees half a foot ;) lol

okay fair enough. I revised my forecast to 2-4 for the city and south. Ac to Dover 4-8

The surface low has trended slower today on the Euro, NAM and now GFS, I wonder if that's hurting this from coming further North as the runs have been showing early improvements, only to end up drier.

To be honest, the slower trend should benefit us. It allows the confluence of the weekend storm to lift out, which should in turn allow the heights to pump out ahead of the current system.

The obs down in the mid-atlantic thread continue to look encouraging. FWIW they are getting decent snowfall out of a radar that looks to be nothing more than virga.

Yea it's odd, the majority of the light precip on the far northern shield is all virga, yet the eastern reach of the storm seems to be reaching the ground with ease

Where is the strong confluince here? That ULL is hauling northeast.

Brought this up last night...Models may be over-doing the confluence over the area...

BUT http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_sfc.php?inv=0&t=cur

that H may be what's wrong and what's aiding whatever confluence is there helping suppress the system..dont know though

The confluence is not totally the issue as to why the precip shield has not really expanded with the low ticking north...its more the low is not exceptionally well developed, it takes time for the precip shield to get well developed away from the center.

Yes, most models have it around 1000mb early tomorrow morning, not the strongest low pressure system to ever hit the area. But it looks to have a direct moisture feed from the Gulf and the precip shield is quite large currently.

Archived