Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar trends, the moderate precip will have a rough time moving north of Maryland. See red line.

although I agree with it, the atmosphere is moisten up quite a bit depicted by yanks images of water loop above. And once the low gets to about Delmarva it will shoot up northeast instead of ene, expanding the shield to at or around Sussex county NJ. Still not a major event but more of a nuisance!

although I agree with it, the atmosphere is moisten up quite a bit depicted by yanks images of water loop above. And once the low gets to about Delmarva it will shoot up northeast instead of ene, expanding the shield to at or around Sussex county NJ. Still not a major event but more of a nuisance!

It's not gonna make it to Delmarva dude, it's exits the coast way south

If it showed 12" you would ;)

u remember I don't like the nam all together. I do look at it for shyts and giggles though. I never look at the 4k nam though cause it's precipitation shield is always smaller than the actual radar images so why even bother! Rgem is tempting to look at this point until later tonight when I'll start checking the rap and hrrr... 4knam=useless unless your looking at where the heaviest echoes will drop in.

It's not gonna make it to Delmarva dude, it's exits the coast way south

your right it does exit just off the cape Hatteras region. Still once that happens it will tilt it northeast not ene as its moving at this point. I still think we can get a few inches around the city. Your lucky if u get a coating up there that's how tight the gradients are!

post-1210-142411965181.jpg

My thinking right now. I believe it will almost "hit a wall" once north of the 3-4 line.....Obviously this could be adjusted by several miles one way or the other (most likely 3-4 is a bit too far north especially on the western portion of the map, but I don't think the snowfall amounts will end up being cut off so much on the west side necessarily, as they are from south to north)

your right it does exit just off the cape Hatteras region. Still once that happens it will tilt it northeast not ene as its moving at this point. I still think we can get a few inches around the city. Your lucky if u get a coating up there that's how tight the gradients are!

It's a perfect place to eject for us. I could see potentially some higher QPF in this area from a more explosive development over the Gulf Stream. In addition, IL pointed out the water vapor which is showing our weekend storm scooting out of NS in a hurry. There could be some surprises.

Yea last i saw it was still very good looking for this storm. 12Z runs of the RPM had it crossing right over the BM, with 2-4 for CT 4-6 for NYC and LI I believe with some 6-8 random small stripes...and from qpf that looked to be around 10:1 ratio. That was the last time I checked...its usually the last to catch on wouldn't be surprised at all if the 15 and 18Z runs jumped south. I took a trip up to Boston so I'm on my phone can't check it now.

It's a perfect place to eject for us. I could see potentially some higher QPF in this area from a more explosive development over the Gulf Stream. In addition, IL pointed out the water vapor which is showing our weekend storm scooting out of NS in a hurry. There could be some surprises.

thats all I'm saying about this storm. Snowski told me once and it's true, expect nothing and hope for a surprise few inches. That's why tonight I'm going to sleep early and wake up around 6 for work so hopefully I got a few surprises by than.

Yea last i saw it was still very good looking for this storm. 12Z runs of the RPM had it crossing right over the BM, with 2-4 for CT 4-6 for NYC and LI I believe with some 6-8 random small stripes...and from qpf that looked to be around 10:1 ratio. That was the last time I checked...its usually the last to catch on wouldn't be surprised at all if the 15 and 18Z runs jumped south. I took a trip up to Boston so I'm on my phone can't check it now.[/quotes]

Ur in Boston? That's cool man be safe and take some pix for us n post them on the pictures section. Anyone got a link to the rpm?

The trajectory will be more north as the confluence continues to move out thus why models are extending the precip north into NJ and NE PA.

A general 2-4" still looks good even around the city but there will be a sharp cutoff somewhere probably just north of the city.

snowski usually negative gives me 2-4. Book it man I'm with it.

u remember I don't like the nam all together. I do look at it for shyts and giggles though. I never look at the 4k nam though cause it's precipitation shield is always smaller than the actual radar images so why even bother! Rgem is tempting to look at this point until later tonight when I'll start checking the rap and hrrr... 4knam=useless unless your looking at where the heaviest echoes will drop in.

Ok well here's arguable the best short term models there is

HRRR is barley more than a some light snow and RAP only has about 2-4hrs of precip

Archived