joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want is 2 inches of snow, low single digit temperatures and 45 mph wind gusts, it's very attainable and will feel like your average day in Antarctica.

honestly I don't want 2 inches I want a blizzard followed by 0 degrees. From what I see these storms favor Boston a lot more than nyc unless we had some Greenland blocking but I guess I can get my 2 inches and run away!

Nam is pretty far north with the transfer. Most likely hit with inv trough would be sne.

high confidence that SNE does better than us with the next two clippers but I wouldn't trust the nam for anything anytime. That is the worst model of all! It's worse than navgem for Petes sake lol

Before everyone gets all hot and bothered, our energy for this system is still north of the northern territories in Canada where sampling is rather poor. Until we know how the Thursday system unfolds and the energy dives south from where it currently sits, I would not write off the weekend system just yet. I do admit that i'm a bit skeptical of anything significant, but I would not be shocked to see some trends that would lead to portions of the NYC metro (especially LI) to see accumulating snow in conjunction with this Arctic outbreak. Its a very thread-the-needle situation as I stated days ago, but it is one that you cannot write off so easily with all the different players involved (IE height rises after Thursday, PAC energy, and trough axis going negative in time...etc) 

Again, I may be off-base here since I'm typing this in my PMET class and multi-tasking, but I thought I'd just give my two cents. 

ScreenHunter_143%20Feb.%2011%2010.00.png

ScreenHunter_141%20Feb.%2010%2023.01.png

I thought this run was actually an improvement in terms of getting a more consolidated system and one surface low. The problem is that the 500mb low tracked too far North. If this had dug a bit more it would have been a game changer.

The Pna ridge is being knocked down and the energy is becoming more progressive...doesn't matter how consolidated the energy is

The Pna ridge is being knocked down and the energy is becoming more progressive...doesn't matter how consolidated the energy is

Did you notice how much more the energy out West has been digging the last several runs? While it is knocking down the PNA ridge it doesn't appear to be deamplifying the pattern. 

Archived