wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow Saturday and Saturday night. Temps will be very cold aloft so if we can squeeze out enough moisture ratios should be decent. The GFS also has a strip of moderate snow late Saturday night that jackpots NYC, NNJ, Western LI, the western LHV and from the Poconos up into SE Upstate NY.

Light snow Saturday and Saturday night. Temps will be very cold aloft so if we can squeeze out enough moisture ratios should be decent. The GFS also has a strip of moderate snow late Saturday night that jackpots NYC, NNJ, Western LI, the western LHV and from the Poconos up into SE Upstate NY.

This was in SNJ NJ at 12z, it will change every run until Friday

Isentropic, aren't norlun inverted troughs extremely rare for the nyc area? I remember reading that they almost always hit New England

Yes, it shifted about 75 miles northeast this run. They are extremely difficult to predict and usually come down to the high res short term models such as the RAP and HRRR.

Isentropic, aren't norlun inverted troughs extremely rare for the nyc area? I remember reading that they almost always hit New England

March, 2013 was an inverted trough that gave a huge area very good snows.

This setup would support a large scale trough. Not a tiny BS one that benefits only a tiny area.

U know its been a tough winter when we're at each other's throats over ratios of a .35" event lol

Idk how you can say it's been a tough winter... Since Jan 15th I have received 26" inches of snow with my total for the winter currently at 31". Also with the two pending storms could make a shot at 40" and it would only be mid Feb. We are still going to be in a very active pattern. Light to moderate events add up big time to our seasonal totals.

Yes, it shifted about 75 miles northeast this run. They are extremely difficult to predict and usually come down to the high res short term models such as the RAP and HRRR.

I've noticed that southern Jersey has gotten lucky with inverted troughs quite a few times in recent years. Most of the time they seem to hit southern Jersey, or New England. It's rare for us to get lucky with an inverted trough in the northern Jersey to NYC area. Maybe we're due.

I've noticed that southern Jersey has gotten lucky with inverted troughs quite a few times in recent years. Most of the time they seem to hit southern Jersey, or New England. It's rare for us to get lucky with an inverted trough in the northern Jersey to NYC area. Maybe we're due.

The whole area got nailed by a massive inverted trough in March of 2013.

Similar setup to this storm.

It appears to me this is getting screwed on most models by a subtle piece of energy at 500 front running the main vort which causes the surface low to form too far to the east, f that vort is not there I thing this forms way closer to the coast.

What do you think goose, any chance that lead vort gets out of the way?

Archived