CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this storm does occur, but the euro has been doing this all season.

I am already over 100 inches in missed snow using these euro snow maps.

Euro seems to be the mega hype model now. If the weenie wants to see a blizzard on the map, all he has to do is look at Euro. I wonder what happened to the Euro, it used to be great.

Euro seems to be the mega hype model now. If the weenie wants to see a blizzard on the map, all he has to do is look at Euro. I wonder what happened to the Euro, it used to be great.

look euro is the most underrated model since that non blizzard. First off all the euro caught the ice storm a week before the blizzard and also steered nyc in the blizzard, yes the cut off was way more east than the euro depicted but you've got to remember that the GFS and all other guidance had the blizzard way east missing even SNE. The point is the euro is still the best model in the long range. I'd pay attention also to the navgem as the model has been amazingly way better than the nam and CMC. I'd blend the euro/gfs/navgem in my forecasting. Ukmet is also good but more confusing and at times is very erratic like the jma

It's funny.....I feel like all of these "total precip" maps spit out by the models are unchanged from one storm to the next. NYC area on the western fringe of the heavy snows, ELI into all of SNE hit hard, and Boston area jackpot. It really is true.....it likes to snow where it has snowed

look euro is the most underrated model since that non blizzard. First off all the euro caught the ice storm a week before the blizzard and also steered nyc in the blizzard, yes the cut off was way more east than the euro depicted but you've got to remember that the GFS and all other guidance had the blizzard way east missing even SNE. The point is the euro is still the best model in the long range. I'd pay attention also to the navgem as the model has been amazingly way better than the nam and CMC. I'd blend the euro/gfs/navgem in my forecasting. Ukmet is also good but more confusing and at times is very erratic like the jma

It has been overhyping things though. I've lost count of the number of times it has shown 1 to 2 feet of snow for NYC this winter.

It has been overhyping things though. I've lost count of the number of times it has shown 1 to 2 feet of snow for NYC this winter.

your right... All models have been erratic this year and quite frankly u can't trust them beyond 48 hours. They used to be better but weather isn't an exact science so mother nature does what she does. I'm excited about the upcoming snow threats though. I really have a feeling we could get 20-40 inches of snow this month in NYC. I don't think Boston will be the Bullseye anymore... I think nyc up to islip could end up being the bullseye. I predicted 54 inches for nyc back in September I'm still on the same boat. I just don't see us not getting at least 40.

I think altogether, if a model is days or even under one day out, and we find ourselves right on the edge of a snowstorm, we just cannot count on it or assume that for some reason it will "trend south", etc.....also, if most models are showing it as a light event and not a major event, we have to learn to accept that it will most likely be a light event rather than something more. With all of the trust issues that everyone has developed with this model and that model, I see nothing wrong with just expecting the average between certain major models. If it turns out to be something much more than maybe only one model caught on to, then great.....but for the most part, it simply won't. When you have an area that sticks out like eastern New England and storms that develop further north, it only makes sense that the areas that stick out are going to get the precip

It's east enough to basically have flurries here and that's it.

That's why we need this to stay closed off like a bowling ball rolling through the Great Lakes to the coast. The ensemble mean

is more like the UKMET which opens up east of the GL and the surface low slips too far east before deepening.

But the OP and mean are pretty close through 120.

Archived