northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this runs into Monday am and cancels schools up here, I am in big trouble with my family's vacation.  They will be taking away days during the end of March break from school.  I have a prepaid vacation to St John that will be in jeopardy. What a mess.

It looks like the temps plummet after the storm right?

If this runs into Monday am and cancels schools up here, I am in big trouble with my family's vacation. They will be taking away days during the end of March break from school. I have a prepaid vacation to St John that will be in jeopardy. What a mess.

It looks like the temps plummet after the storm right?

Go back to class and put your phone away.

lol. I'm the Dad. My wife is a teacher, so she can't take off. The schools are tough on teachers on these make up days about taking off.  Otherwise taking the kids out for a day wouldnt be a problem.

I actually bought the vacation insurance on the flights and the hotel...Mainly because we knew it could be a problem if they closed enough days to eat into spring break.  2 days were like 2 inch storms, and one was the total blizzard bust.  very bad timing with those couple of clippers that came through.

Upton today is probably like, "FINALLY, we get one right and the models don't completely screw us over."

Lol

LIQUID TO SNOW RATIOS WERE ON THE ORDER OF

25 TO 1. FORECAST LOOKS TO HAVE BEEN SPOT ON FOR THIS EVENT WITH

AN AREA OF 4-6" ALONG THE SOUTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND, ADVISORY

WILL EXPIRE AT NOON ON SCHEDULE.

lol. I'm the Dad. My wife is a teacher, so she can't take off. The schools are tough on teachers on these make up days about taking off.  Otherwise taking the kids out for a day wouldnt be a problem.

Ah okay, my soon to be fiance is a teacher as well.

We get a lot of kiddies running wild around here this time of year.

The pattern might flip on a dime once we hit March. There could be some major hydro issues in the Northeast along with ice jams/flows causing a lot of problems.

The AO is going to soar nearly off the charts along with a diving PNA and a +NAO. The last survivor will be the EPO which will barely be negative by early March.

Enjoy these next 10-14 days because they might be the last taste of winter you'll get until next season.

The pattern might flip on a dime once we hit March. There could be some major hydro issues in the Northeast along with ice jams/flows causing a lot of problems.

The AO is going to soar nearly off the charts along with a diving PNA and a +NAO. The last survivor will be the EPO which will barely be negative by early March.

If heights lower over Alaska with retrogression its goodbye -EPO and it soars positive. If that happens, hello spring, big time. The MJO wave predicted is actually supportive of this

Archived