amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely come here, but had 2 questions: first, is there any site that does a decent job with post snowstorm graphical reports showing how much snow actually fell (would be awesome if they had forecast amounts too, but I'll take anything), preferably region wide and not just for one CWA.  

Second, I hate those Public Info reports by the NWS - they're way too long and they're "active" in that if you link to them or paste their graphic into a doc, like an email, the content changes as the source changes - same thing with the NWS snowfall maps.  Is there any way to cut/paste those graphics into message boards or emails while keeping them "static" (i.e., unchanging)?  

Lastly, now I'm curious - what other board are folks referring to?  Link? 

I rarely come here, but had 2 questions: first, is there any site that does a decent job with post snowstorm graphical reports showing how much snow actually fell (would be awesome if they had forecast amounts too, but I'll take anything), preferably region wide and not just for one CWA.  

Second, I hate those Public Info reports by the NWS - they're way too long and they're "active" in that if you link to them or paste their graphic into a doc, like an email, the content changes as the source changes - same thing with the NWS snowfall maps.  Is there any way to cut/paste those graphics into message boards or emails while keeping them "static" (i.e., unchanging)?  

Lastly, now I'm curious - what other board are folks referring to?  Link? 

This site has a pretty good region-wide graphical compilation of snowfall reports: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/hydromet/hydrometDisplay.php?

As for your second question, you can archive them with WebCite (http://webcitation.org/) or find the text product you're looking for on the IEM website (http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/list.phtml?). Those links are static.

Lol the snowstorm tried to show me as much love as possible...There was a snowband sitting over southern NYC metro from when the trough pivoted back in...Band stayed there until it dissipated

To bad the wind was blowing it everywhere

All in all a quite enjoyable snowstorm and quite enjoyable winter

Per New England thread, there is a major storm threat between the 25th and 28th. However, look closely at these temperature outlooks issued by the CPC:

Feb 21-25:

610temp.new.gif

Feb 23 - Mar 1:

814temp.new.gif

So all in all, the cold air is retrograding NW away from us if you extrapolate the two images. Not good at all. It would mean mainly rain for I-95 S&E when we finally see a meaningful storm approach us. Our temps could soar into the 50s during this period. Go figure.

Posts at another board where the administrator is crazy

haha yeah that guy is unreal - banned me from posting for suggesting the HRRR and RAP were onto something last night by setting up the trough south of the city... and look what happened...

guy is a complete joke, one run shows no snow in his backyard and he says its all over, next run hes claiming historic storm, guy needs his meds.

anyway, back on topic - thinking this is a 2-4" type deal for the city, with 3-6 over much of central jersey and 4-8 further south.

Opinions please ...for this event ..Tue ..people are throwing around snow ratio ..some say 10:1 some say ..12 some say 15 ..which is most likely ?for NYC

12:1 is what I would expect..

Anyways , I want this winter to go all out on Boston. Probably the only one rooting for storms to keep hitting them..The footage would be unreal as long as everyone is safe

12:1 is what I would expect..

Anyways , I want this winter to go all out on Boston. Probably the only one rooting for storms to keep hitting them..The footage would be unreal as long as everyone is safe

I'm with you. They have some epic pics already, we would be in deep s*it if that happened here. But I'd still love it

Archived