Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, if winter ended today ..NYC around 25 inches for season ..MBY in Fleetwood around 30 nothing spectacular but average ..so despite disappointments ..by far for NYC and MBY not a terrible winter ...in my books 4 more weeks of winter ..after march 15; snow opportunity takes a real nose dive IMBY ..anyhow ..everyone please be careful outside that is serious cold ..

Once again, Upton eats crow. Yesterday evening they were forecasting 4-6 inches for my area, which was totally asinine based on the model guidance at that time. Now of course they had to change the forecast yet again and significantly lower amounts, which we all knew would happen, now I'm down to around 1 inch total. They have been crazy bullish and way overforecasting amounts all winter long, bust after bust after bust. Just unreal this season and mind boggling

Once again, Upton eats crow. Yesterday evening they were forecasting 4-6 inches for my area, which was totally asinine based on the model guidance at that time. Now of course they had to change the forecast yet again and significantly lower amounts, which we all knew would happen, now I'm down to around 1 inch total. They have been crazy bullish and way overforecasting amounts all winter long, bust after bust after bust. Just unreal this season and mind boggling

They are usually really conservative. Really weird what's going on with them this winter.

They are usually really conservative. Really weird what's going on with them this winter.

Yeah, very strange. I don't know why we weren't in the 2-3/3-4 area to begin with rather than 4-6/6-8. I would think considering all of the busts this year, they'd start with the lower end of the models, not the upper end of the models factoring in ratios to make it even higher

Gossiping about other posters and websites is childish and mods should instantly remove it.

Shaming people into doing what you want them to do (or refrain from doing) is as old as civilization itself...it is a form of manipulation. 

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

-George Carlin

That seems to fall under the ambit of quasi-astronomical...but I suppose we could allow Carlin, a man of incomparable wit, to characterize it as he did.

"There's nights where the wolves are silent and only the moon howles" -carlin

They say when two airplanes practically collide its a "near-miss".  ******...that's a near-hit.

Lmao, I love carlin.. Own all his specials on blue rey, also someone a little more less mainstream but just as great, Bill Hicks, if you haven't watched I highly recommend

Yep..definitely told it like it is and didn't care what anyone thought. If they didn't like it, no one was forcing them to listen.

Archived