• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

Warm up doesn't have to mean bad...I'd gladly warm up to 20-25F high temps, lol. That'd be like a 10-15F mean temp rise from what we've been dealing with.

It depends how it's defined. The way codfish made it sound..seemed like he meant pattern change? For now, I can't find a big pattern change signal. 

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends how it's defined. The way codfish made it sound..seemed like he meant pattern change? For now, I can't find a big pattern change signal. 

Yeah that's true.  We've been -5F on the month up here, with 7 mornings of -15F or lower.  I could probably warm up 5-8 degrees in the means and be plenty cold enough to still snow, lol.

I wouldn't be worried about a switch to a warmer pattern, and in fact might welcome it after another 2 weeks of this, lol.

Lets keep tihs going until mid March and then lets flip to spring.  At some point ti has to relax the cold.  The longer we keep the cold pattern, the better the chance that we flip in time for a great spring.  At least I would think.  A -NAO coming later in Feb could complicate things

Haha all the time. He's a good guy and a fun guy. You would like him because he likes to stir the pot with stuff like that...very similar to what you like to do. He likes to stimulate discussion and joke about it.

Well yeah that is the best part of us..but something seems a bit off..

Pattern overall seems like it's cold and snowy thru March

Well yeah that is the best part of us..but something seems a bit off..

Pattern overall seems like it's cold and snowy thru March

Well that seems like a broad generalization that it'll be cold and snowy through March. It very well may but without any reasoning in your post a claim like that seems weenie-ish.

Looking at the GFS and GEFS this morning, it seems it remains quite active through day 16. I like the orientation of the trough and the cold relaxes a bit, should give some more chances for amplification of some of the waves.

The cold definitely relaxes...in fact, just west of us torches to high heaven in the plains for a time, but as of now, it looks like we mostly avoid that as it gets shunted ESE...but we will moderate some. It does look like a reload in the PAC around mid-month.

The cold definitely relaxes...in fact, just west of us torches to high heaven in the plains for a time, but as of now, it looks like we mostly avoid that as it gets shunted ESE...but we will moderate some. It does look like a reload in the PAC around mid-month.

So what would that mean for sensible wx in terms of temps in Sne?

You still like stormy overall look?

Archived