• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

I don't think we should disregard anything at this point. We do so at our snowpack's peril.

Yes you should. Have to stop with this model. It looks like no other guidance.

It does not fit the pattern. It's wrong. It's amped. You have confluence and a neg nao. This is not hard.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the NAM bashing continues because it doesn't show the most snow for the coast. It's just a slightly warmer version of both the GFS and the GGEM.

No, we bash the NAM because it is a joke of a model.  When it showed 36" for me last Monday, I tossed. 

Toddler fingerpaint.  Onto the real models. 

Yes you should. Have to stop with this model. It looks like no other guidance.

It does not fit the pattern. It's wrong. It's amped. You have confluence and a neg nao. This is not hard.

Well, you may be right. Or this thing may continue its jog north. After last week I refuse to discount anything until the storm is over.

Hoping your right PBI - think NNJ is getting close to a lock, still worried about NYC metro.. would like to see NAM/UKIE shift back South when it gets closer to "gametime" no pun intended...

GFS, GGEM ans EURO show 8+ for the city and the GFS and Euro didn't really become warmer than their previous runs so I'm not so worried right now but there's definitely a chance we taint a bit.

If a foot is predicted and 6 inches is on the ground Monday morning with more to come, they'd announce it Monday at 5AM that schools are closed

I do not think the MTA will close again.

With a snowstorm, the underground portion of the transit system should not be closed. The costs of doing so vastly outweigh any actual or perceived benefits.

No, we bash the NAM because it is a joke of a model. When it showed 36" for me last Monday, I tossed.

Toddler fingerpaint. Onto the real models.

This.

If there was a blend at 12z that flipped KNYC mid way I would say ok . It could be right. But when you look at the body of guidance at 12z it's an outlier.

The other models see the confluence. They see the bridge over the top.

If every model showed rain at 12z and only the NAM painted a snow bomb at KNYC and people bought it they would get crucified

It's not the solution it s the lack of support.

This.

If there was a blend at 12z that flipped KNYC mid way I would say ok . It could be right. But when you look at the body of guidance at 12z it's an outlier.

The other models see the confluence. They see the bridge over the top.

If every model showed rain at 12z and only the NAM painted a snow bomb at KNYC and people bought it they would get crucified

It's not the solution it s the lack of support.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Archived