• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL

1201 PM CST FRI JAN 30 2015

...SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL EXPECTED SATURDAY NIGHT

THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GALESBURG...PEORIA...BLOOMINGTON...

NORMAL...HAVANA...LINCOLN...CHAMPAIGN...URBANA...DANVILLE...

JACKSONVILLE...SPRINGFIELD...TAYLORVILLE...DECATUR...CHARLESTON...

MATTOON

1201 PM CST FRI JAN 30 2015

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH

SUNDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE AREA SATURDAY NIGHT AND

CONTINUE THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...TOTALS OF 6 TO 7 INCHES POSSIBLE NORTH OF

I-70...WITH 7 TO 9 INCHES POSSIBLE NORTH OF A JACKSONVILLE TO

DANVILLE LINE.

* WIND...GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS OF UP TO 25 MPH SUNDAY

AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY EVENING COULD CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF

THE SNOW.

* IMPACTS...BEGINNING SATURDAY NIGHT...ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW

COVERED AND HAZARDOUS. VISIBILITIES COULD BECOME POOR DUE TO THE

BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS AND

OUT IN THE COUNTRY.

Ricky is a hard working man today. He'll get it updated for ya!

Locked and loaded man. Pics of the old hood this weekend, please and thanks! Enjoy this.

Righto brother....we have a top notch staff in LOT...pretty damn lucky

I will be taking some pics and movies for sure!  I can never get my pics to load on here....but the movies I will post via youtube at some point...Thanks!!!  Looks like you still get in on some of the action too...not like your 'ol stompin' grounds, but some none-the-less

They only bit on the consensus but not the far northern Ukie/NAM.  M59 corridor is not under a watch.

Yeah, this is still a long way out. They still have 00z to decide if they want to go north with it. I would imagine that M59 will at least end up in an advisory either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, this is still a long way out. They still have 00z to decide if they want to go north with it. I would imagine that M59 will at least end up in an advisory either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

I imagine we'll see the southern 3 rows of counties in a watch/warning when all is said and done. Trend is decent.

9.5 in my hourly....no update on the map yet from LOT....but the AFD covered everything

I am at the northern fringe of that 10"-12" purple area, right under the "55" marker there.... However it goes, it looks like I am shoveling this weekend...Good thing I work from home... no commute.

I totally agree with their plan at this time.  Easy to adjust north if needed.  Currently why hype a couple 'lesser' models.  It will be in the news and that is good enough at this point.

15z plumes have a mean of just over 7" for LAF.  One group in the 9-11" range, another group 5-8" with a few below that.  Range is about 2-14"

IND jumped up a bit from the 9z run...from 3.9" to 5.5"

Other Indiana cities from the 15z run: OKK 8.6", MIE 6.5", FWA 10.0", SBN 11.0", VPZ 10.9"

IND jumped up a bit from the 9z run...from 3.9" to 5.5"

Other Indiana cities from the 15z run: OKK 8.6", MIE 6.5", FWA 10.0", SBN 11.0", VPZ 10.9"

For MIE, it's a roughly even distribution between 3.5" and 12.5" with one showing 0", one showing about 2" and one showing upwards of 17". Kinda worried about temps as BUFKIT has us riding a 30-32 temp for most of the event.

Took a look at lake effect parameters around the Chicago area and they really improve by Sunday night into Monday.  Inversion heights aren't the greatest but delta Ts eventually reach into the low 20s, so there's at least the potential for a pretty stout band. 

I'm pulling for multi-band/widespread activity, before a transition to that main band.

Archived