• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 31st-February 2nd overrunning snow event

Thundersnow12

Going to tough, if not impossible, with the downstream confluence to get this thing to come so far north as to bullseye us, but we're at least in the conversation for some accumulating snow.

We have that Hudson Bay/Quebec Vort to fight.  A decent piece of Arctic Vort was suppose to come in and strength the southern part of that Bay Vort.   This Arctic piece has been significantly diminished in these past few model runs which has help us with this north trend (as well as a stronger Pacific Vort moving in).  As long as we can continue with a weak Arctic Vort & stronger Pac Vort it will be our advantage.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thanks! I think for YYZ/Etobicoke/Western regions of Peel, an ESE or ENE wind is ideal right?

I assume you mean eastern Peel. And no, I'd say 90 is ideal for them too, although you can get action with slight variations to that. ENE favours west Mississauga and Oakville more, NE Burlington and Hamilton, etc, etc.  

I assume you mean eastern Peel. And no, I'd say 90 is ideal for them too, although you can get action with slight variations to that. ENE favours west Mississauga and Oakville more, NE Burlington and Hamilton, etc, etc.  

So you think LES looks good for west Mississauga this weekend?

Based on instantwxmaps looks more like 3-6" to me, but given the qpf that must be indicative of some decent ratios. H7/850 centres pass right over/just to the south of us which places us in an area where often good snow growth occurs.

DTX mentioned the possibility of 16 or 17:1 ratios at the northern fringes of the system, which is where we're currently sitting. Liking these trends. 00Z tonight I think we will be pretty much locked in on the track.

DTX mentioned the possibility of 16 or 17:1 ratios at the northern fringes of the system, which is where we're currently sitting. Liking these trends. 00Z tonight I think we will be pretty much locked in on the track.

I am a bit wary because a lot of times these juicy ratios are thrown around based on nothing more than the rationale that it's colder further north. Obviously, that's not how it works. I haven't read the DTX disco. Maybe they're basing it on snow growth physics.

I am a bit wary because a lot of times these juicy ratios are thrown around based on nothing more than the rationale that it's colder further north. Obviously, that's not how it works. I haven't read the DTX disco. Maybe they're basing it on snow growth physics.

There have been several storms which Josh and I get around the same amount of snow or I end up more than him but his water content is a good amount higher than MBY.  Not saying this is going to happen this time but it does happen here a bit of course I am at about 500' higher elevation too.

There have been several storms which Josh and I get around the same amount of snow or I end up more than him but his water content is a good amount higher than MBY.  Not saying this is going to happen this time but it does happen here a bit of course I am at about 500' higher elevation too.

Yeah, of course. It can happen. But there are also instances, like that of the early January clipper, where 20:1 ratios were being throw around like they were candy. I don't think that came close to verifying.

Archived