Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Observations for Jan 24/25 snowstorm

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was gonna do 8 miles but had to cut it short at 5. I got caught in that S++ band and visibility was like 20 feet..My eyes were caking in snow.

Nothing more serene and peaceful than a morning run in the dark in a raging snowstorm. So quiet , no cars on the road..just heavy pounding snow and you.

29.3 with moderate snow

shoreline communities in southwest CT might have 5+" on the ground by 7am.. already widespread 3-4" with heavy snow on radar 

Yeah I'm not toatally surprised by that. Looks like many of us get the goods between now and 8 a.m. and then it's just some crappy stuff through the rest of the day. 

I thought the Euro was really meh for that. The HRRR and things like that are much more impressive. 

I just looked quickly at the Rh fields and it looked like it had a pretty good signal ..though it wasn't as strong as 12z was.

HRRR did very well with this. Had the stuff in the earliest and had the 5 inch amounts in SW Ct 

I just looked quickly at the Rh fields and it looked like it had a pretty good signal ..though it wasn't as strong as 12z was.

HRRR did very well with this. Had the stuff in the earliest and had the 5 inch amounts in SW Ct 

I thought most models hinted at that with the pre 12z burst. 

I feel bad for people who slept in. All the excitement from this storm wil basically be gone by 8a here in CT lol

Have to give Kevin credit. He was given a pretty hard time in here yesterday morning for some of his posts. The thing about the RGEM being a thing of beauty was silly, but his overall ideas about the storm have been rock solid and he even warned about outperforming on the shoreline and how a faster moving storm could open the door for the next system. Nice job.

Archived