Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i was thinking the same thing and that would be for late tonight into tomorrow, they have 6-8 for Berks as well for the total I suppose

Don't really matter I guess, you know how it is. I sure you heard the stories from your dad.

We are on storm shifts, I go in at midnight tonight. Don't matter if it's an inch, or 3 feet. Still racks up the same amount of overtime. I just like pushing the bigger amounts. Hell we had 8" Friday night, the windrows were sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i was thinking the same thing and that would be for late tonight into tomorrow, they have 6-8 for Berks as well for the total I suppose

It just cuts so deep being so close to something so historic. My guess is our 7" Friday night will top this storm. Unless we get a dramatic west shift with the 0z guidance.  :cry:  :axe:

Don't really matter I guess, you know how it is. I sure you heard the stories from your dad.

We are on storm shifts, I go in at midnight tonight. Don't matter if it's an inch, or 3 feet. Still racks up the same amount of overtime. I just like pushing the bigger amounts. Hell we had 8" Friday night, the windrows were sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you getting those WKD?

According to wxbell. The total precips are different.

ABE: 1.2"

PHL: 1.7"

TTN: 1.9"

NYC: 2.4"

Sent from my iPhone

I looked up your locations and eurowx gave essentially the same amount except for ABE.  I think eurowx made an error  there.  I thought something was fishy when it showed more qpf for RDG than ABE.  Didn't make sense.

18 Z GFS is horrible.. ECM all alone...but the ECM is unbeatable in this range so not sure what to think

Its concerning.  18Z RGEM is also east.  I can certainly see the EC being right (and the local WFO's obviously went with it completely), but it being by itself is concerning. 

Its concerning.  18Z RGEM is also east.  I can certainly see the EC being right (and the local WFO's obviously went with it completely), but it being by itself is concerning. 

How does the 18z RGEM look compared to 12Z?  BTW, it seems to me that while the 18z GFS is no euro, it is a slight improvement over 12Z.

The RGEM is not necessarily that far east of the Euro or UKMET but it has consistently depicted now for 2-3 runs that the intense mega band of snow will not be that strong once you're southwest of say BDR/HVN/BDL.  Is it right?  I'm not so sure, I think it may be getting thrown off by overdoing the snow a bit in the NE quadrant of that storm over MA and RI in WAA induced snows and may be missing frontogenetic/deformation crap back on the west side, as it comes into range under 24-30 hours it may pick up on it.

Hey guys bit off topic but since there isnt a consensus for a foot in Philly I am going to road trip. Could you mets. Reconmend me the best spot around NNJ S NY CT or MA that I should head to? Need help asap!

honestly, going to NYC itself would work out pretty well.   But I guess for just max effects, maybe someone out on Suffolk County, Long Island....

Hey guys bit off topic but since there isnt a consensus for a foot in Philly I am going to road trip. Could you mets. Reconmend me the best spot around NNJ S NY CT or MA that I should head to? Need help asap!

Im no met but coastal ny seems like a great place to start. I myself have business in Cape May but will be heading to AC monday night into tuesday. They could do well.

Latest Wxsim (NAM/GFS no Euro) for NW Chesco

Mix thru 10pm then light snow

7am Light Snow 25.5 (1.7") snow

10a Mod Snow 25.9 (2.3") snow

7pm Light Snow 26.7 (3.5) snow

10pm Light Snow 26.7 (4.0") snow

4am Mod Snow 24.5 (5.0")

7am 23.5 Light Snow 23.5 (5.5")

10am 22.8 Light Snow 22.8 (6.0")

2pm Snow ending total snow (7.0")

You'd probably do well on the coast in north-central Jersey, and it wouldn't take as long to get back if that matters. Ask some of the posters in the NYC forum for a good spot?

Archived