joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro WxBell weenie snow maps show 16-24" across the entire region through hour 84, at which point storm is winding down. 1.5-2.5" of precip. Central NJ through the city and onto LI with the highest totals.

This doesn't take into account ratios...Just saying lol

Did these change of events simply occur due to better sampling or are there other factors?

Storm from today is like a 50 50 low, as far as I can tell from tropical tidbits. So when that parks itself in the right spot, Monday has nowhere to go except where it's being depicted. Basically a block.

Storm from today is like a 50 50 low, as far as I can tell from tropical tidbits. So when that parks itself in the right spot, Monday has nowhere to go except where it's being depicted. Basically a block.

Euro is just a bowling ball nor'easter, holy smokes. If this storm happens verbatim you can thank the storm we got today along with the PNA spike out west.

I can almost guarantee that last nights storm was the main variable suppressing the sample data for this storm

I just think the first time cleared out just in time to allow for the second to turn the corner. If today's event where slower, Monday goes out underneath.

scariest thing about this is we clearly have THE PERFECT run of the best model.....It's not really a question of "can this improve?" now, but a question of what could possibly go wrong....a slight shift in the track would clearly bright jackpot and axis of heaviest snow. But as for now, i'll just pretend that this will happen :) 30" for me :)

Archived