Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JAN 23-24 anyone ?

DTWXRISK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has it's uses but using the mean often can mislead. Sometimes not reaching clarity is a good thing.

Lol- last sentence is funny...and true.

The problem with weenies like me using them is exactly what phineas just said. You have to pick them apart and find the members that have been out drinking all night and then parse through the sober ones. By the time I'm done I missed the nam and the gfs has initialized

They are pretty bad.   That being said, I don't know that Yoda was extrapolating, so I'd cut him some slack.  Although comparing the mean to the Euro was   :yikes:

I think since they are the first to come out of the 0z model suite and for the sake of enthusiasm he should be cut some slack. It's no worse than someone posting the 84 hour NAM.

I think since they are the first to come out of the 0z model suite and for the sake of enthusiasm he should be cut some slack. It's no worse than someone posting the 84 hour NAM.

Agreed.  We're in between model runs and I don't see the big deal with analyzing the SREFs.  I think most of us know the limitations of the SREF but we're on a weather forum - we're going to analyze every little thing to death, especially as we wait for models to come in.

I was more using it for placement of the SLP at hr 87 since there appeared to be a majority NE of where the mean has it.. but anyway yeah, poor idea by me... lets see what the rest of the NAM has in store for us tonight

Yoda, don't listen to them. Everything is good and if anyone tells you they didn't look at the loop of the sref run and get a smile, they ain't being honest.

They are not first, they are LAST.  The "21Z" run is actually from 18Z initialization/boundary conditions.

Archived