• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

Trying to remember if there were any "good", all night long, backbuilding, noc jet thumps in the region. For some reason, a Des Moines train rings a bell at some point....just banter as my mind is drifting rapidly to spring/summer...

And best wishes to schaumburgstorm on his recovery

You're evil, as we're headed for another few nights of -10ish temps. Summer and nocturnal MCSs are not even close. Ha!

Good luck Schaumburgstorm on your recovery. Scary stuff for sure.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol looks like it might be shutting off for Huntsville, but not before hitting near 8"

KHSV 260253Z 04006KT 3/4SM R18R/5500VP6000FT -SN BR BKN006 OVC014 00/M01 A2979 RMK AO2 SLP091 SNINCR 1/8 P0008 60032 T00001011 50002

Must be a total paste job there as the temp went down to 32 and stayed there.

It would be nice if we could get one of those snowfalls here.

Yet another reason why the STJ really needs to grow a pair of balls...

Seriously. Lake Michigan has saved this winter for my area. We have yet to get a good synoptic snowstorm in West Central Michigan. This upcoming week shows what has pretty much gone on here for the 6 years I have lived here. One storm hits Indiana, the other goes north and gives us ice and rain. If I didn't have lake effect snow to "save me", my average annual snowfall would be way below normal like Alpena's. The zone from here to Alpena just has not seen many good storms for the past 5 to 10 years.

Seriously. Lake Michigan has saved this winter for my area. We have yet to get a good synoptic snowstorm in West Central Michigan. This upcoming week shows what has pretty much gone on here for the 6 years I have lived here. One storm hits Indiana, the other goes north and gives us ice and rain. If I didn't have lake effect snow to "save me", my average annual snowfall would be way below normal like Alpena's. The zone from here to Alpena just has not seen many good storms for the past 5 to 10 years.

We have been in a "system" snow drought up there for years. The lake effect areas have been doing pretty good though. I have yet to snow blow my driveway up at our place this year and we have been up there every weekend but one since late Dec. The snow we have been getting has only been a few inches at a time, no big heavy storms yet. Crazy.....

We have been in a "system" snow drought up there for years. The lake effect areas have been doing pretty good though. I have yet to snow blow my driveway up at our place this year and we have been up there every weekend but one since late Dec. The snow we have been getting has only been a few inches at a time, no big heavy storms yet. Crazy.....

Wow, that's crazy! Is your place right near Alpena? What is their total snowdepth? I thought they had a NE wind lake effect event in January?

I remember years ago when I was living in Indiana, I was jealous of the number wound up systems for the Dakota's and Minnesota.  Seems like forever since the N part of our Sub had a good, widespread round of systems.

Wow, that's crazy! Is your place right near Alpena? What is their total snowdepth? I thought they had a NE wind lake effect event in January?

We're on the north side of Higgins Lake, about 10 miles south of Grayling. There was about a foot of snow on the ground when we left Sunday. Early March is pretty much always the best for snowdepth up around there. We'll see what happens this year....

I remember years ago when I was living in Indiana, I was jealous of the number wound up systems for the Dakota's and Minnesota.  Seems like forever since the N part of our Sub had a good, widespread round of systems.

Seems to come and go in waves, but your right Northern lower hasn't had a good system snow since March of 2013 IMHO. Not that I am complaining because we have the lake for here but it would be nice to get at least one decent synoptic event a year.  But areas such as Houghton lake up to Alpena what a horrible spot to have to be when areas 40 miles away have 4x+ the snow.

With all that being said i am ready for summer, already planning on skipping spring again same as last year never really had one. The cold Lakes are going to play havoc with our spring/summer again this year sad to say. 

Just a FYI. Seasonal totals mean jack and what matters most is below normal, normal, above, and to some degree how you got there. Thus if you average 30 and got 39 then you really shouldn't be saying a word to someone who averages 50 and got 59. Ofcourse i doubt we'll hear a peep now from a certain few ( Who always forget that above ) TILL the next snowstorm heads for S.Michigan.. :guitar:

On another note.. Just one more day ( today ) then this brutal cold can leave.. Will come as a shock to some ears/eyes but yeah i am about ready for some 40-50+ weather..

Have always loved winter but this is a bit much with the brutal cold. Heck normal will be nice..

Quite frankly, I'm ready for a Spring/Summer torch after back-to-back winters of hellish cold.

IT's pretty much been the antithesis of the 2010-2012 seasons the past 2 years.

On another note.. Just one more day ( today ) then this brutal cold can leave.. Will come as a shock to some ears/eyes but yeah i am about ready for some 40-50+ weather..

Have always loved winter but this is a bit much with the brutal cold. Heck normal will be nice..

:blink:

hoosier...the site has been hacked!!! Someone got into Harrys account :lmao:

Archived