• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

Hey, I need some pointers from you about how to be pessimistic for incoming storms.  Maybe trying something different will get this thing to trend in our favor.

I got nothing left in the tank for this winter. Sorry.

pneumonia sux...

Get well Gilbert. Hopefully a little weekend snowstorm action helps a little. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah....drawn out mental and physical drain....just finishing my first round of zpak...but prolly started them a week or so later than I should have which landed me in the ER over the weekend.  (I also should have listened to myself a little better, but this is only my second time ever needing antibiotics in 36 years...so part of me just didn't know any better).  I mean, I'm not the healthiest of health nuts in the world, but I run three seasons out of the year and eat pretty healthy....but this has just been a rippin' kick in the ballz...

glad you're feeling better ... continued good health to you

Continue getting better.  I wondered where you disappeared to. :)

I don't want to be a Negative Ned here, but this period has been excruciatingly boring and this is coming off the heels of an immensely boring year for me. The snow that fell in early January didn't blow the wind through my chimes and since then it has been the worst pattern possible and the most boring since Jan 2012 but at least that winter period was anomalous for being warm, this is a very cold pattern. I'm doing my best to cope with it but its tough. The snowfall patches I've gotten in the last few weeks doesn't interest me. I loathe winter now, I can't think of any upside to it. I pray to God March is record breaking warm but we all know that's not happening.

I thought last year's February rut was horrible, this one is even worse. Everyone around me is having a tough time either directly or indirectly due to the weather.

spring would be awesome about right now.

That's what I was thinking during the middle of last summer. I still think about that atrocity of a summer and definitely 2014 altogether.

Thanks guys....we have all had our share of stuff i'm sure. Best wishes ans health to you all....cheers and thanks. Looking forward to being motivated again

Glad you're feeling better man! I just got over a 2 week illness myself. No ER stuff, but just couldn't get rid of it. I attribute it's longevity to how damn dry it is. Before I turned the humidifier on I had 8% humidity in the house. Not good.

you should be.  Chicago is a hole in the Winter if you love the outdoors.  it's miserable to walk through the wind tunneled streets.

if you like being stuck inside somewhere, it's best climo.

why on earth would anyone in the midwest want to be outdoors in the winter, the nearest worthwhile mountains are a thousand miles away in the rockies

I've traveled extensively. The midwest has nothing to offer from a natural beauty standpoint and the more of the world you see, the lamer it gets.

Rolling through the woods on a snow jet ski = zzzzzzzz

shredding bunny hills that take 2 minutes top to bottom = zzzzzzz

If I get the itch, I'll fly out west to some real beauty, the trip will be quicker too.

I've traveled extensively. The midwest has nothing to offer from a natural beauty standpoint and the more of the world you see, the lamer it gets.

Rolling through the woods on a snow jet ski = zzzzzzzz

shredding bunny hills that take 2 minutes top to bottom = zzzzzzz

If I get the itch, I'll fly out west to some real beauty, the trip will be quicker too.

Damn, you are one negative guy.

I'd like to know, besides downhill skiing, what outdoor activity is enjoyable? Any season.

simply the act of being outdoors is enjoyable when the weather is pleasant.

I have a bbq nearly every weekend at the Foster Street Beach, you should come. Grill some food, do some swimming, maybe some volleyball, frisbee...whatever. It's a giant party all the time.

being outside in the winter sucks unless you're shredding powder at 9,000'

simply the act of being outdoors is enjoyable when the weather is pleasant.

I have a bbq nearly every weekend at the Foster Street Beach, you should come. Grill some food, do some swimming, maybe some volleyball, frisbee...whatever. It's a giant party all the time.

being outside in the winter sucks unless you're shredding powder at 9,000'

Summer is good for golf and not being cold on an evening walk. I like all seasons, except cold springs.

I'll post my pics from my last trip to Big Sky when i get a chance. Epic mountain and a killer party town but i was too much of a puss for the big couloir

9242816.jpg

I could dig that. You got a kid now, can't risk it now... the little guy needs a dad.

I felt a little selfish blasting down a river that was breaking up under me in January. We had a dead battery on the go pro unfortunately.

This winter sucks. I typically don't banter, but it's getting difficult not to. 24" of snow to date and nothing in the works. MN is a winter desert this year. March is typically one of the snowiest months here. I say lets skip it and move on to spring.

I like what I see for early-mid March...after that give me storms.

Archived