Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishful thinking I suspect.

honest thoughts…we've been stuck in the middle for a long time and will remain so. This look really hasn't changed all winter...persistent northwest flow punctuated but cold shots (especially east) and mild pacific air (especially west). Big storm potential, especially cutters is essentially zero. Definitely wishful thinking on the ridge migrating east.

honest thoughts…we've been stuck in the middle for a long time and will remain so. This look really hasn't changed all winter...persistent northwest flow punctuated but cold shots (especially east) and mild pacific air (especially west). Big storm potential, especially cutters is essentially zero. Definitely wishful thinking on the ridge migrating east.

this is the Alek I love

arctic blast will be more of an arctic glancing blow

Really not been the pattern. 2-3 weeks of seasonal to above then 7-10 days of very cold. November, early January. Makes sense February starts the same. My concern is as we move to spring Eastern trough comes more pronounced. Either way, northwest flow regime ongoing.

No. I don't think so.

Okay.  Here is one of the earlier posts (post #127 in this thread) of what was being constantly advertised by the ensembles for this last week of January.

I didn't say we wouldn't see any arctic cold but the massive blast that was suppose to start this week (the EURO originally had it starting January 24/25) and engulf us for several days well into the start of February so far it just hasn't happened. 

What Alex has said sums it up:

arctic blast will be more of an arctic glancing blow

Archived