joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro has it as well. It has 5 total systems into our area then next 10 days counting this Sunday clipper. Third system looks warm Monday night/Tuesday but then the bowling ball and another long range clipper . 

bowling ball ahead of the next cold shot has my attention for the time being

The problem with this cold signal, is it has been at 8-10 days now for about a week. Do I think it will get bitterly cold eventually? Yes but it probably won't be to the magnitude shown, and it might keep holding off for another week or so.

Since nothing really exciting is happening, I am rooting on the cold. See how long the snowcover streak will last. Jan 5th - ?. We avoid a rainy clipper Thursday and we should be good to go. Its not everyones cup of tea, but it may be the only unique thing about this winter lol. Feb looks frigid on latest cfs (which will probably change a million times).

Since nothing really exciting is happening, I am rooting on the cold. See how long the snowcover streak will last. Jan 5th - ?. We avoid a rainy clipper Thursday and we should be good to go. Its not everyones cup of tea, but it may be the only unique thing about this winter lol. Feb looks frigid on latest cfs (which will probably change a million times).

Yeah I will pass on cold and an inch or two of crust. That is misery at its best.

I buy the cold signal and even perhaps a pattern change. The MJO has been doing the same elliptical spiral since October recently looking to move into new colder territories. Long term looks to be promising ... Till then I'll enjoy the clipper snows which nickel and dime directly into my bank account. :wub:

Yeah I will pass on cold and an inch or two of crust. That is misery at its best.

Well, thats assuming we have constant little refreshers to keep the snow fresh. Even I would go crazy with day after day of cold and NO new snow. 3-4" on the ground now, keep nickeling on it to cross cancel the natural settling and sublimation. Last years snowpack was record length AND depth, but it would be quite impressive if we coast along on fumes this winter and keep a solid snowcover with just nickels and dimes and no big storms. Happens occasionally (1947-48, 1962-63) but overall its rare.

This year has the smell of one of those winters where its bitterly cold and white but no big storms, then you get a period of above normal temps to start March, then just as the dirty snowbanks start to melt in earnest and the grass gets a hint of perking up, you get a major snowstorm in mid-late March.

I buy the cold signal and even perhaps a pattern change. The MJO has been doing the same elliptical spiral since October recently looking to move into new colder territories. Long term looks to be promising ... Till then I'll enjoy the clipper snows which nickel and dime directly into my bank account. :wub:

This has certainly turned into your kind of January. A DAFF dream and a Powerball nightmare :lmao:

EC is going to get wrecked in this pattern.

Yeah ... I noticed that too getting caught up from my great ski week ... looks like the EC is going to be buried :snowing: .  Couple block buster storms on the EC and our complaint thread is going to light up like a Christmas tree if we don't get into the action (i.e. other than these nickle/dime storms that is).

Yeah ... I noticed that too getting caught up from my great ski week ... looks like the EC is going to be buried :snowing: .  Couple block buster storms on the EC and our complaint thread is going to light up like a Christmas tree if we don't get into the action (i.e. other than these nickle/dime storms that is).

New England looks like a good place to be.

True.  Better than one model flying solo.  One of these has to come through eventually, right?

the cold is coming no matter what, but if we can finally get a phased storm together, (whether it's a cutter or an secs), the PV is gonna get sucked right into this subforum and we could not only be looking at brutal cold.....we could be looking at JB COLD

Archived