joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the uk look has a low in MO, but hard to tell whether it's bowling or cutting.  I suspect it's bowling since the low is elongated southward and there's not much ridging out in front.

The only thing worth taking away at this point is the signal is loud and clear for something in the 6-7 day timeframe.  Needing a trend north isn't the worst place to be.

post-622-0-48503600-1422293815_thumb.jpg

12z GFS showing a nice spread the wealth type system this weekend.  Snowfall amounts are sort of meh, at around 1-3" for most of us, but at least most of our sub would be in on it.  That hasn't happened too many times this season.

12z Euro pretty much agrees with the GFS. Weakens as it heads east, but decent swath of 1" or more snows...though again, better west vs east. 

the set up is a bit reminiscent of PDII... :weenie:    You had the forerunning snows which hit places as far nw as Iowa over to Ohio, then the southern low really started cranking and brought up another wave to the OV.  

As far as this one looks, the southern low stays weak and slides off to the southeast and the confluence buzz saw is firmly in place to kill the initial overrunning east of IL.  Pretty certain it won't look like that for tomorrow's runs.  Plenty will change between today and hr 144.   This could cut hard, slide off, or fall somewhere in between, either way, I'd rather be rooting for a trend to develop then rooting for a solution to lock in...6 days out. :weenie:

Euro is definitely a step in the right direction.  00z started to get better with it being less suppressed, and the 12z was an improvement even further.  12z delivers several inches for most of Iowa, with amounts tapering to the east some.  If trends continue we could have a decent event to be sure.  

the set up is a bit reminiscent of PDII... :weenie:    You had the forerunning snows which hit places as far nw as Iowa over to Ohio, then the southern low really started cranking and brought up another wave to the OV.  

As far as this one looks, the southern low stays weak and slides off to the southeast and the confluence buzz saw is firmly in place to kill the initial overrunning east of IL.  Pretty certain it won't look like that for tomorrow's runs.  Plenty will change between today and hr 144.   This could cut hard, slide off, or fall somewhere in between, either way, I'd rather be rooting for a trend to develop then rooting for a solution to lock in...6 days out. :weenie:

Who are u & what did u do w/ Buckeye? LOL. I like the optimism. Fingers & toes crossed, but i'm not feeln this one.

Who are u & what did u do w/ Buckeye? LOL. I like the optimism. Fingers & toes crossed, but i'm not feeln this one.

I'm basically numb now anyways, besides I was wrong about the clipper fail last night....maybe we've turned the leaf?   Actually I've always like this particular 'threat'.   I was berated for posting the first model hints showing it last week lol.  I'm fully invested, all my weenie chips are in....I'm riding this one into the sunset or off the cliff.  6"+ or bust   :cliff:

Lol the models have been so bad this year IDK what to think of this weekends "storm". I guess snow somewhere from Green Bay to Jacksonville lol! The 12z Ukie is pretty interesting though for MBY anyways, it just seems like everything is a guess until within 12-24hrs this year though ugh. And the new "GFS" being garbage past 72hrs doesn't help my forecasting at all.

I'm basically numb now anyways, besides I was wrong about the clipper fail last night....maybe we've turned the leaf? Actually I've always like this particular 'threat'. I was berated for posting the first model hints showing it last week lol. I'm fully invested, all my weenie chips are in....I'm riding this one into the sunset or off the cliff. 6"+ or bust :cliff:

Count me in! All aboard!!!

Archived