• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

It was a fairly large run over run shift for the euro ens. Need to see some consistency before biting but this is the best 5 day mean of the year by a wide margin. May not be above normal precip wise (looks like split flow but possibly suppressed)but it's plenty cold and nice to look at. 

attachicon.gifeuro5day.JPG

jb showed this to day. said its the best it can get

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more interested in what happens after the front passes on Monday. Euro and GFS both have a clipper with a track close enough to pay attention to on Wednesday and the northern stream looks pretty active behind it. Not a bad h5 look to get something underneath us next week. 

Euro ensemebles show a couple coastal solutions next weekend but massive spread from nothing to west tracks to miller b's to runners. 

Thats the prettiest (and only) fantasy storm I've seen in a long time

Yeah, it's been a while since we've seen a digital long range snowfall on the GFS that pretty in the 8-10 day range.   It's a testament to how awful it's been so far that we're all so excited over digital snow that we'll be lucy'd with.    18z will show 50 and partly cloudy.  

It's a 5 day mean.

Here's 228 to add some hop in your step. 12z GEFS looks just like the euro now. It's coming. 

attachicon.gifforian.JPG

I don't know about precip but with what is shown down the road certainly argues for another shot or two of serious cold and it may last. Despite the lack of snow this year the cold has not underperformed.

I don't know about precip but with what is shown down the road certainly argues for another shot or two of serious cold and it may last. Despite the lack of snow this year the cold has not underperformed.

I just took a look at the 12z GFS 2m high temps. There is no real "torch". It looks like endless upper-30s, with the occasional 45F thrown in.

Not really above average at all.

is that a clipper I see on the lousy Plymouth maps day 7?

It's been there for a while. First time the euro has the vort underneath us. GFS was real close too. Unfortunately, the big storm in NE spinning around shears the vort as it passes south so there isn't anything verbatim precip wise. First and foremost, we need the vort pass south of us. And that is trending in our favor for now. 

Euro looking a bit GFSish at 216 and 240?

Confluence from the pv dropping down pushes it ots. At least the miller A is there. Ji will hate this run. 

ETA: I just looked at the bigger h5 picture. PV and 50/50 combo creating a stone wall of confluence. IMO- any track is on the table including a cutter. No way to know for a while. I'll concentrate on clipperfest. 

Confluence from the pv dropping down pushes it ots. At least the miller A is there. Ji will hate this run. 

Ji hates every run.  Glad to see the Miller A signals are there regardless. I'm done with pixie dust/cartoppers for the season.  I need something real.  And no Unicorns!   ;)  

Ji hates every run.  Glad to see the Miller A signals are there regardless. I'm done with pixie dust/cartoppers for the season.  I need something real.  And no Unicorns!   ;)  

Winter so far has proven again and again not to look to far into the future. Things are jumpy right now. The modeled relax is now a no nevermind and next week looks like it will have some chances before fantasyland. 

Winter so far has proven again and again not to look to far into the future. Things are jumpy right now. The modeled relax is now a no nevermind and next week looks like it will have some chances before fantasyland. 

the Jan thaw is cancelled no. I am not seeing anything above normal temps on the Euro 10 day. Jan will go down as below average temp and above average snowfall if we can score one nice storm

HOLY Crap--i just said something positive.

this winter still sucks 

Next week looks like a lot of trackable action potentially.  Winter of 14-15 is still alive.  Climo January snowfall is still a very feasible goal.  

Next week looks like a lot of trackable action potentially.  Winter of 14-15 is still alive.  Climo January snowfall is still a very feasible goal.  

This is a pretty wild look at h5. I-70 east runs about 1500 miles into the atlantic so the storm has zero chance at turning the corner. We're going to get teased pretty bad with this one for a while. 

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_10.png

This is a pretty wild look at h5. I-70 east runs about 1500 miles into the atlantic so the storm has zero chance at turning the corner. We're going to get teased pretty bad with this one for a while. 

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_10.png

funny ur using a tropical tidbit map when you have weatherbell

Archived