joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 20 - 21 Coastal Storm Threat

jm1220

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the folks in Bermuda its a cutter when it goes over the benchmark - where is DT ? he will straighten this all out

ok since DT is ignoring us today here are his thoughts hot off the presses:

"Earlier in the week when this system will more significant the weather models were not detecting this energy coming in from the Pacific Ocean into the West Coast. It is QUITE possible that the models are OVER DOING this Pacific jet stream energy and IF that is the case we would be looking at a bigger event. Indeed that IS what the Midday Canadian ensembles and early Tuesday AM European ensembles are depicting. "

"Earlier in the week when this system will more significant the weather models were not detecting this energy coming in from the Pacific Ocean into the West Coast. It is QUITE possible that the models are OVER DOING this Pacific jet stream energy and IF that is the case we would be looking at a bigger event. Indeed that IS what the Midday Canadian ensembles and early Tuesday AM European ensembles are depicting. "

Posted this away as the fists were flying in here . 

ALL the models will need a little time to resolve the speed of the Pac SWs that are currently in very sparse regions.

I am always leery at the mid range solutions . The PAC makes the forecast here .

Patience .  IMHO 

That's only part of the write up! He goes on to say that there is to much energy diving into the Pac nw. A minor event looks more likely now.

That's only part of the write up! He goes on to say that there is to much energy diving into the Pac nw. A minor event looks more likely now.

and what is going to be said if the euro ensembles show otherwise ? And or the 0Z runs show otherwise ? I wouldn't give up on this event yet - we have gone down this road with the models before 4 - 5 days out.............

12z ECM Ens are also starting to trend weaker with this system. Mean has a 1016mb closed isobar centered south of the benchmark at 132 hours.

1016 is not going to cut it. If we had fresh arctic air around sure. We really need the bomb the Euro showed a few runs ago.

Looks like a couple inches in the higher elevations and well inland. Coast is looking like toast. This is really starting to resemble 07/08 with NNE scoring big time

Seriously keep in mind that within just a few days, if that, the thinking went from no huge storm, to amped up solution possibly inside the benchmark maybe an interior event, to a weak low that is pretty much nothing significant. We are STILL 4-5 days from the event, whatever it might be. I'm not saying I think it will be anything big.....that's not for me to say and my speculation is merely just that. With any storm, many things have to work out, and with this one the setup is less than ideal, but still one where a storm is possible. Point being...given the information that we have, it's at least 24-36 hours too early to start writing it off, and also too early to start honking for a good chance of a big one

Archived