• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 20 - 21 Coastal Storm Threat

jm1220

Honestly, we will not have a clear idea of what this storm is going to do until at least Wednesday, when the wave reaches the west coast. Models will begin to sample it better by then. Best to just look at the overall pattern and setup....you'll drive yourself crazy if you live and die by each op. model run....especially over the next 24-48 hours.

Thank you!!!!!!!! wtf with the rest of this thread writing off a storm 5 days out!

What some people don't get is models are not the end all be all. They can't predict winning lottery numbers either.

Going by the trend I would be more worried about a coastal hugger an precip issues then super suppression.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shhhhhhhhhhhh calm down and go back to bed .

The take away for me it`s 36 hours from OBX TO CC . This thing CRAWLS . Way better track than at 12z . Let the model resolve the strength as we get closer . We only get home through dynamics .

Most of you shouldn't be on here if you all live and die by each run. Try to understand the pattern otherwise you'll become just as bipolar as those Day 5+ runs.

I can already imagine the utter chaos when there's a huge threat on the models.

Remember your reaction when a couple of model runs showed what appeared to be the end of winter?

Takeaway overnight is that suppression or shearing out are very real ways this can not work out, as I suggested yesterday. Need to watch the pac nw energy to see what it does to the ridge downstream. Really don't see warmth being an issue with this but I may be wrong. Several ECM and GGEM Ens members show coastal hugger solutions.

Dare I say though that the overnight trend is quite common of eventual major snow events in the mid range. Would much rather be on the NW side of guidance than the SE side of it.

para 6z looks better stronger and further north than 00z

yes but precip type in question in the metro as the HP is in the wrong position - I think we all need to sit back and relax and see how this thing plays out the next few days as we have been down this road before regarding the models.............

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfsp&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2014121606&fh=132&xpos=0&ypos=307

Don't even engage the guy. He has no idea what he is talking about. Writing off this storm and then giving the gfs as vindication, just plain stupid.

i can   show you   17  runs of the  GFS   from NOV   19-23   where  ot had  NO    east coast low  for NOV  26

I can show you  16 runs of the    GFS     days  before the dec 9   event  where it had NO Low of any kind . Nothing 

Given these facts  for  you to  argue that the   last few   of the   GFS   have no event therefore   "thats the ball game "  is  Just beyond   dumb. It tells me .. and many others.. you  have clue what the hell you are talking about. 

really ? what is your response to your friend Joe Cioffi about his GFS comments ?

https://www.facebook.com/meteorologistjoecioffi

really ? what is your response to your friend Joe Cioffi about his GFS comments ?

https://www.facebook.com/meteorologistjoecioffi

I don't agree with the argument that the models have been trending away from a significant coastal storm. This doesn't mean that future runs won't head in that direction, but we'll see what happens.The ECMWF had one possible "hiccup" in its 12z run. Below are the last four runs of the GFS and last two runs of the ECMWF for select cities:

GFS12162014_1.jpg

DOES IT factor in today's rain at all?

I don't agree with the argument that the models have been trending away from a significant coastal storm. This doesn't mean that future runs won't head in that direction, but we'll see what happens.The ECMWF had one possible "hiccup" in its 12z run. Below are the last four runs of the GFS and last two runs of the ECMWF for select cities:

GFS12162014_1.jpg

Archived