• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 20 - 21 Coastal Storm Threat

jm1220

i can   show you   17  runs of the  GFS   from NOV   19-23   where  ot had  NO    east coast low  for NOV  26

I can show you  16 runs of the    GFS     days  before the dec 9   event  where it had NO Low of any kind . Nothing 

Given these facts  for  you to  argue that the   last few   of the   GFS   have no event therefore   "thats the ball game "  is  Just beyond   dumb. It tells me .. and many others.. you  have clue what the hell you are talking about. 

One set of model runs? The GFS has been consistent for the past 2-3 days or so. 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gfs can be absolutely terrible sometimes and this season could be one of its worst to date. It did a lot better in the more neutral La Niña state but Euro will have a clear advantage this time.

That being said still don't believe this storm will happen as Euro ensembles showed because of unfavorable teleconnections plus a subpar air mass. Have to go with what Coastal said in the New England forums about these transition storms, which this one kind of is.

Last few days this month look far more favorable to me than the time frame of this storm.

Honestly, we will not have a clear idea of what this storm is going to do until at least Wednesday, when the wave reaches the west coast. Models will begin to sample it better by then. Best to just look at the overall pattern and setup....you'll drive yourself crazy if you live and die by each op. model run....especially over the next 24-48 hours.

It will be interesting if this storm really misses. It will remind me of a few days before the boxing day blizzard, when we were excited about a storm around the 20th and then models lost it. Only to set up the stage for what was a really nice blizzard on the east coast. 

It will be interesting if this storm really misses. It will remind me of a few days before the boxing day blizzard, when we were excited about a storm around the 20th and then models lost it. Only to set up the stage for what was a really nice blizzard on the east coast. 

This is said every year, every storm that disappears on the models. Every storm people says this. Oh, I mean it reminds of this, its all b/s.

This is said every year, every storm that disappears on the models. Every storm people says this. Oh, I mean it reminds of this, its all b/s.

I didn't say it's going to happen, it just reminded of that event and how we shouldn't worry about a storm missing. What's wrong with that? Chill

Archived