Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro has 850 mb temps above 0C here at 216 hours right after the big bomb leaves.  Don't know if I've ever seen that kind of airmass recovery in the immediate wake of such a deep storm...then again, it's not that cold before that.

i think it's easy to toss the euro as too aggressive with the following wave, it's just too soon

He is correct that very little people live up here,so it will be just another storm for the woodlands, but the peeps that do really depend on this type of weather economic wise. Its a shame there isn't more cold air to work with initially even though the LES will be heavy. 

There isn't much precip with the system itself, but I could see 6 inches of LES locally at my house.

These systems tend to bring widespread statewide LES outbreaks, we got 6 inches a couple years ago from a similar setup.

Since I seem to be in the dark on this, what is BAM?

To summarize: an amateur weather enthusiast (I am not sure if this guy has a degree or not) who posts long-range maps getting people to subscribe to their "premium" data which will let everyone know whats "actually going to happen". You know, the usual. They did some stuff with FOX59 here in Indy a couple of years ago during severe weather season. I'm not even sure how that happened.

To summarize: an amateur weather enthusiast (I am not sure if this guy has a degree or not) who posts long-range maps getting people to subscribe to their "premium" data which will let everyone know whats "actually going to happen". You know, the usual. They did some stuff with FOX59 here in Indy a couple of years ago during severe weather season. I'm not even sure how that happened.

Ahh so your typical hypester facebook group that shouldn't even exist but does.

Archived