Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna bust on my call of the first 2 weeks of December WRT to temps. I didn't think temps would get above the normal high temperature for each day more than 3 times.  ORD is already at 3 days as of now and will likely spike a few more on the 13th and 14th (maybe the 12th?).  Kudos to Alek, ChicagoStorm and Stebo who took the over....and to anyone else that thought I was off my rocker but didn't mention it....

I was expecting 2 or 3 days above normal daytime highs somewhere between the 10th and 15th...but I thought the first 10 days would hold their ground with below normal for day time highs....

Oh well....thanks for humoring me :)

here are the breakdowns thus far in case anyone is interested...

01DEC  Normal High 40  OBS High 25

02DEC  Normal High 40  OBS High 34

03DEC  Normal High 39  OBS High 37

04DEC  Normal High 39  OBS High 35

05DEC  Normal High 38  OBS High 40

06DEC  Normal High 38  OBS High 40

07DEC  Normal High 37  OBS High 36

08DEC  Normal High 37  OBS High 37

09DEC  Normal High 37  OBS High 38

10DEC  Normal High 36  OBS High 33

Gonna bust on my call of the first 2 weeks of December WRT to temps. I didn't think temps would get above the normal high temperature for each day more than 3 times. ORD is already at 3 days as of now and will likely spike a few more on the 13th and 14th (maybe the 12th?). Kudos to Alek, ChicagoStorm and Stebo who took the over....and to anyone else that thought I was off my rocker but didn't mention it....

I was expecting 2 or 3 days above normal daytime highs somewhere between the 10th and 15th...but I thought the first 10 days would hold their ground with below normal for day time highs....

Oh well....thanks for humoring me :)

here are the breakdowns thus far in case anyone is interested...

01DEC Normal High 40 OBS High 25

02DEC Normal High 40 OBS High 34

03DEC Normal High 39 OBS High 37

04DEC Normal High 39 OBS High 35

05DEC Normal High 38 OBS High 40

06DEC Normal High 38 OBS High 40

07DEC Normal High 37 OBS High 36

08DEC Normal High 37 OBS High 37

09DEC Normal High 37 OBS High 38

10DEC Normal High 36 OBS High 33

Gonna add another 5 days between now and next Wednesday.

Gonna add another 5 days between now and next Wednesday.

Certainly seems that way at this point...and cloud cover shouldn't play as big of a role in the 13th to 17th timeframe with the warm feed.  Cloud cover helped me out the last few days...but in the overall temp departure department for the month they helped to keep things above average as night time lows stayed above normal lows.

You and the rest can collect your prizes in the morning on the 15th after the timeframe concludes.

:icecream:

Here there has been 2 days above normal, 2 days at normal, and 6 days below normal for this month. Under performer today at 31° for a high and solid clouds for the 4 straight day.

There is a few random patches of snow around here from when it drifted around back on the 24th of November. Didn't notice any flurries today.

Insanely crappy weather pattern.  I'd take single digits and sun over this.  I see its suppose to warm up this weekend.... but we keeps the clouds until middle next week at this rate.  ugh... i hate clouds in winter.

DLL, I haven't seen you post in a few days, I've missed your GIF.

Another day that's going to be around normal here. Kind of anticipating the warm up.

Few factoids from the "its hard to believe but..." department.

Despite what seems like an eternity of boredom, not until today, December 11th, has Detroit fallen below normal on seasonal snowfall. They are at 4.0", normal to date is 4.2".

Also...last year through December 11th we had only 2.5" on the season at DTW (with another 92.4" on the way), so we are still ahead of the historic 2013-14 season. That will end on the 14th, but just throwing a few random things out there as the weather remains boringsville.

Haven't seen the sun since this past Saturday, and won't see it again until maybe Wednesday of next week.

Welcome to the north country, it's quite common up here that our warmer days are overcast and our sunny day are cold. Btw you should look at the Minnesota Forecaster site, I'm known as Randyinchamplin. 

http://www.minnesotaforecaster.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out. Nice to follow a more local disco especially around storm time.

Welcome to the north country, it's quite common up here that our warmer days are overcast and our sunny day are cold. Btw you should look at the Minnesota Forecaster site, I'm known as Randyinchamplin.

Unless I'm missing something there seems to be about two posts per month on that site. Would love a solid and regular discussion on the upper Midwest (MN in particular) so hopefully I'm missing something but that site seems pretty useless.

Unless I'm missing something there seems to be about two posts per month on that site. Would love a solid and regular discussion on the upper Midwest (MN in particular) so hopefully I'm missing something but that site seems pretty useless.

I will agree that normally that site is pretty quite. It was never meant to be a general weather disco site,  It was originally set up to grade our local mets performance during winter storms.  But it has morphed to a good banter site when winter storms are possible.  There are often times when the Admin will get together with Patrick Hammer and Tom Novak....both local mets and they will discuss the  implications of a winter storms or even the possibility of severe weather and put the video on you tube.  BTW I'm randyinchamplin  on that site.

Archived