• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

That whole area there along the coast. Will they keep it?

It's all about the water content. I have all treble, no bass while he has mostly bass and little treble. Mine will be gone tomorrow aftn. You gotta remember, this is 42N and late November/early December.  It's so dam difficult this time of year to have sustained snowpack. If it's not gone Monday night perhaps then it lasts through the weekend. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about the water content. I have all treble, no bass while he has mostly bass and little treble. Mine will be gone tomorrow aftn. You gotta remember, this is 42N and late November/early December. It's so dam difficult this time of year to have sustained snowpack. If it's not gone Monday night perhaps then it lasts through the weekend.

Well we may add to it next weekend

I don't see any members showing snow for Tuesday?

I'm not on the individual members, I'm on the percentages for snow on the psu ewall site.  Also the NWS is excited about the setup, showing SST delta ts of 20C and MUCAPE values of 300j/kg along with ncape of 0.24.  Also with a N to NNE wind trajectory the NWS likes the outer cape for low to moderate risk of accumulating snow.  This is via their NWS AFD

It doesn't help that the ground is unfrozen under it.

> 32 here from mid morning tomorrow to sunset on Monday probably as the cold doesn't get in early enough on Monday. Maybe we hold steady or fall a bit.

I expect my 8 inches of cover to be down to less than half, maybe worse. Certain glens where 15" fell will still have good cover.

It's all about the water content. I have all treble, no bass while he has mostly bass and little treble. Mine will be gone tomorrow aftn. You gotta remember, this is 42N and late November/early December.  It's so dam difficult this time of year to have sustained snowpack. If it's not gone Monday night perhaps then it lasts through the weekend. 

It's something to watch.

I don't really like how the pattern looks to be rather progressive beginning next week into the weekend.  Doesn't seem to lave a ton of room for much in the way of trough amplification.  Maybe we can sneak some type of quick moving clipper-like system that could drop a few inches but at least right now chances for anything more significant seem a bit low.  

I don't really like how the pattern looks to be rather progressive beginning next week into the weekend.  Doesn't seem to lave a ton of room for much in the way of trough amplification.  Maybe we can sneak some type of quick moving clipper-like system that could drop a few inches but at least right now chances for anything more significant seem a bit low.  

Well if we get split flow, that's usually not a sign of very fast flow. I could see one of those deals where we have a 'fake" block or area of higher heights to the north over ern Canada. That can act as a pseudo block. T

It doesn't help that the ground is unfrozen under it.

> 32 here from mid morning tomorrow to sunset on Monday probably as the cold doesn't get in early enough on Monday. Maybe we hold steady or fall a bit.

I expect my 8 inches of cover to be down to less than half, maybe worse. Certain glens where 15" fell will still have good cover.

I'm sure Peter will keep his..lol.

Well if we get split flow, that's usually not a sign of very fast flow. I could see one of those deals where we have a 'fake" block or area of higher heights to the north over ern Canada. That can act as a pseudo block. T

Seems like that is something that is possible for towards the end of the model period...like end of next weekend-ish into the following week?  Euro does seem to develop that pseudo-block you mentioned.

If you think about it, this year we mostly get our surprises to the cold and snowy side.  Even with a boring looking 2 weeks ahead we might still get a surprise to the cold or snowy side.  A foot of snow up my way in November is awesome.  It has been a great step down.  I had said 48 inches down by Jan 1 and I think I have a shot at it.  I bet we get 2 light-moderate snow events in next 2 weeks or so.  After that I believe we get a period of cold and snow that we will remember for a long time.  I have only seen -20 once since 2008 and I expect to get there this year.

Even the boring looking pattern ahead isn't awful, as has been said by many.  Let's remember the date and enjoy the process of our ongoing step down.

I just checked the dailies for December 2004. Absolutely hideous. Some highlights for BOS on maximum temps:

57 in 12/1, upper 40s 2/3, 40s+ 7-13. 14th onward was much better.

Monster low heights over the NAO/AO that year, but the PNA was enough to avoid '94 and 2006 type deals. Probably less ugly of an AO this year. 

Ventured into Shelburne Falls for internet at Mocha Maya's.  Forgot my glasses, ftl, but will still be able to type better than on my phone.  :)

Agree 100% with Dave regarding impressive nature of the staying power of the snow 3 days after the storm.  I took these on my way into town.  The main road shot is Route 2, the other two are the road leading to the Pit, one of which is still closed.

Comcast is saying cable will be restored on Tuesday.  I'm really hoping they can pull it off sooner than that!

Archived