joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice Bro, low sun angle, low dews , best time of the year to retain and get the pack building between now and 2nd week of Feb. 

We'll just have to see about monday..That may be the only truly bad day for the pack ..If we escape that..we could be off to the races.

We went down to Ingalls Tree farm today in Brooklyn and it was amazing how little there was there. An inch tops..But as soon as you climbed the hill into Ashford it quickly increased to 2-3

We'll just have to see about monday..That may be the only truly bad day for the pack ..If we escape that..we could be off to the races.

We went down to Ingalls Tree farm today in Brooklyn and it was amazing how little there was there. An inch tops..But as soon as you climbed the hill into Ashford it quickly increased to 2-3

Valleys are pretty toasted even a 200 ft rise is different. Pretty typical early season stuff

In my eyes, this has been the absolute perfect November. When i say November can be and is a winter month..this is how you would draw it up. A couple snow events, many cold days and nights, Skim ice on lakes and ponds with Tip and his chums tossing golf discs around in camoflage gear and orange winter hats...and consecutive days of snow cover. Not continuous since it's not solid (met) winter yet..but close enough to lump it in. 

This also is why ..again , to me..this is a much better time and month to get snow than Morch..when sun angles are high, snow melts in 4 hours, and spring is in the air..Sure it can snow and be chilly, but it has a totally different feel in Morch than Nov.. We have the whole winter still ahead of us, sun angle is low, it's dark early, we have white holidays..and it just feels like something magical is in the air.

There's nothing better than having winter start and settle in early..and this November epitomizes all my ranting and raving .

The long range doesnt look that great too me. I certainly could be wrong. I know it can flip on a dime in the long range, but all of north america looks to the pretty warm.

It doesn't look good to me either. There will be lots of cliff jumping emoticons in the next couple weeks and the panic in Tolland thread will be bumped often.

I can't see why some people don't like the mid month period for a few snowstorms. 12z and 18z GFS shows us how close we are with a positive PNA in place and a polar vortex over Hudson Bay. It is clearly a cold and stormy pattern with an active southern and northern streams.

Looks cutterific imo. NNE though will do ok.

It doesn't look good to me either. There will be lots of cliff jumping emoticons in the next couple weeks and the panic in Tolland thread will be bumped often.

18z GFS didn't look too bad... of course it is 1 of 4 runs of an operational model in a day, but although the US isn't cold, that kept us trough-y in the northeast.

December can be tough in El Ninos though...I wonder if that's playing into it at all.

18z GFS didn't look too bad... of course it is 1 of 4 runs of an operational model in a day, but although the US isn't cold, that kept us trough-y in the northeast.

December can be tough in El Ninos though...I wonder if that's playing into it at all.

I'm banking on an El nino Dec, until op runs show something different....I think the next couple weeks are bare for SNE. Maybe some systems where it's snow to rain but nothing to get excited about down here.

Lol yeah.

Looks like it would be primed for storms to ride right up on us or to our west. The warmth in general is a bit concerning. Seriously cutting into the snowpack built up.

I know the LR is kind of junk, but it would he nice to see something better than the whole area going warm

You have to understand that a lot of long range mets focus on the conus. Not New England. First half of December absolutely looks warm in the conus as a whole. There's a couple cold shots early but we'e talking about a mean. It doesn't mean every day is a torch.

New England may be in the best spot this time to avoid it. Kind of like the northern plains last winter basically never saw any torches and cutters like we saw from time to time.

I still think pretty meh for New England first half but we might sneak away with closer to average vs elsewhere.

Archived