BE A FAIRLY ENERGETIC CLIPPER DIVING INTO THE REGION WEDNESDAY. THE
00Z GFS HAS BACKED OFF ON THE INTENSITY OF THIS WAVE...WHILE THE
ECMWF HAS TRENDED STRONGER AND LOOKS MORE IN LINE WITH THE 84 HOUR
WRF-NAM. IN ADDITION...THE 13KM PARALLEL GFS IS MORE IN THE STRONGER
NAM/ECMWF CAMP SO FELT COMFORTABLE RAISING POPS ABOVE THE SUPERBLEND
INITIALIZATION AS POTENTIAL LOOKS TO BE GROWING FOR A HIGHER
PROBABILITY/LOWER QPF SNOW EVENT IN THE REGION WEDNESDAY. IT SHOULD
COME AS NO SURPRISE THAT MORE ARCTIC LOOKS TO SPILL INTO THE REGION
BEHIND THIS SYSTEM IN TIME FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

IZZI

I know there is a lot on the plate with today/tomorrow already....but in generalities, I would think this would be a fluffier higher ratio event...details to be ironed out after the sunday/Monday event unfolds...either way, prolly not what the Chicago airports want to see on the docket for the busy travel day

IZZI via LOT...

I know there is a lot on the plate with today/tomorrow already....but in generalities, I would think this would be a fluffier higher ratio event...details to be ironed out after the sunday/Monday event unfolds...either way, prolly not what the Chicago airports want to see on the docket for the busy travel day

It would be pretty cool if some areas outside of the lake belts to have both a white Thanksgiving, and a white Christmas in the same year.  Bet that doesn't happen very often.

It would be pretty cool if some areas outside of the lake belts to have both a white Thanksgiving, and a white Christmas in the same year.  Bet that doesn't happen very often.

would make for some fun/memorable backyard football games for those that partake in that t-day morning! ... myself I like to watch the parades as I peel roughly 50 potatoes...watching the t-day parades is my annual moment of culture where I step outside my normal lines and sing along to musicals!  sshhhhhhh :guitar:

went down to -8 this morning.  should see some heavy snow develop late today and into the overnight.  if I do get a foot, that would  push my snow since Halloween over 70".  expect the adv issued yesterday to be upgraded this afternoon, if nothing more than for the blowing snow towards morning.

I've never seen a six county area of winter storm warnings. I'm in the center of it. 4-8''+ of snow. I'll take it!

Yeah, six counties have this. (see below) It is pretty weird (outside of a lake effect zone) to have a winter storm warning for such a small area.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN1113 AM CST WED NOV 26 2014...SNOW CONTINUES...HEAVIER ACROSS SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA....SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...CONTINUES TO MOVES ACROSS SOUTHERNMINNESOTA. THE HEAVIER SNOW WILL CONTINUE SOUTH OF THE METROAREA...FROM NEAR MANKATO...TO ST PETER...FARIBAULT...WASECA ANDOWATONNA. HERE SNOW TOTALS BY LATE AFTERNOON SHOULD RANGE FROM 7TO 10 INCHES. A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH 6PM FOR THIS AREA.

Anyone have a euro snow map? Friday night is piquing my interest but the NAM keeps staying far north of other guidance.

The Euro keeps saying no snow from what I can tell with the only free qpf / snowmap of it I have access to http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ uncheck the stuff there, then check model data and ecmwf / snowfall, requires looking at every 3 hr interval and doing some addition (nothing to add up the last few runs) though but free euro data lol.

Archived