Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Track the Thanksgiving Weekend Mood Dust ITT

A-L-E-K

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's snowing at a fairly decent clip here.

Charlie Brown flakes in fact...

Ended up with 0.3" at both my house & DTW yesterday evening. No new snow overnight (just a harmless spit of freezing drizzle). The snow was pretty, fluffy & sparkly, and the roads slick. But what a fail by all models qpf-wise. All that disagreement on placement of where the heaviest qpf would fall...there was no "heaviest qpf"! I drove from Frankenmuth back home, and Frankenmuth had about the same as we did, then there was a little area around Flint that had more (I see FNT had 0.7"), and then another spot from about Royal Oak into Detroit that had definitely over a half inch. Same with my sister in St Clair Shores, she had a thick dusting (she must have gotten into that charlie brown flakes band you spoke of). But I dont think ANYONE in MI even had an inch. As I said earlier, hopefully this isnt a sign to come this winter for the models.

This will put the final November snowfall at Detroit at 4.0", which is "only" the 35th snowiest November in 135 years of record, but this certainly broke the trend of crappy Novembers and was the 5th snowiest Nov since 1979.

Ended up with 0.3" at both my house & DTW yesterday evening. No new snow overnight (just a harmless spit of freezing drizzle). The snow was pretty, fluffy & sparkly, and the roads slick. But what a fail by all models qpf-wise. All that disagreement on placement of where the heaviest qpf would fall...there was no "heaviest qpf"! I drove from Frankenmuth back home, and Frankenmuth had about the same as we did, then there was a little area around Flint that had more (I see FNT had 0.7"), and then another spot from about Royal Oak into Detroit that had definitely over a half inch. Same with my sister in St Clair Shores, she had a thick dusting (she must have gotten into that charlie brown flakes band you spoke of). But I dont think ANYONE in MI even had an inch. As I said earlier, hopefully this isnt a sign to come this winter for the models.

This will put the final November snowfall at Detroit at 4.0", which is "only" the 35th snowiest November in 135 years of record, but this certainly broke the trend of crappy Novembers and was the 5th snowiest Nov since 1979.

As far as the bolded, there was a band of intense snowfall (25-40 DBZs) that had setup briefly from about Grand Rapids to Jackson around midnight.

I don't know of any regular folks on this forum who live in that corridor, though I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up 1" or more of snow...

I had an inch when I got home last night in Eastpointe.

As far as the bolded, there was a band of intense snowfall (25-40 DBZs) that had setup briefly from about Grand Rapids to Jackson around midnight.

I don't know of any regular folks on this forum who live in that corridor, though I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up 1" or more of snow...

I had around an inch in Sterling Heights as well.

With small snowfalls so frequent here, a salt truck is just a part of morning rush hour traffic in the winter :lol:

The cost of salting is increasing...

My single axle runs around $600 per load for salt. Municipal tri axles are nearing the $1650 price mark per load. The amount of salt we use today is sickening when you think of it. Just me as a smaller business am nearing the 120 ton mark a season.

Archived