Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 16-17 Snowfall Event

Chicago WX

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the problem has been boundary layer temps. When the snow started falling, it was a couple degrees above freezing.

Also, we've been just NW of the better banding...

It is pretty outside :) We are probably getting close to an inch and the temp has dropped from 31F (where it was since the snow started) to 30F.

I have had sleet and snow this evening. Right now we have a light coating covering cars and rooftops. The temperature at my house is currently 33 degrees.

This will likely be the 10th earliest 1+ inch snowfall in Louisville history assuming we get our 2-4 inches of snow before it ends late this morning. Pretty historic event unfolidng here.

If we get to three inches of snow then it will only be the sixth time ever that Louisville has gotten a 3+ inch event before December. October 30, 1993 was the last time Louisville received over two inches of snow in a single event before December.

I have had sleet and snow this evening. Right now we have a light coating covering cars and rooftops. The temperature at my house is currently 33 degrees.

This will likely be the 10th earliest 1+ inch snowfall in Louisville history assuming we get our 2-4 inches of snow before it ends late this morning. Pretty historic event unfolidng here.

If we get to three inches of snow then it will only be the sixth time ever that Louisville has gotten a 3+ inch event before December. October 30, 1993 was the last time Louisville received over two inches of snow in a single event before December.

interesting stats! Good luck

Archived