joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread I

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z Euro was again very close for popping something big on Wed. Might want to keep an eye on that. Low pops up just off of Hatteras. Sends light moisture across much of NC. 2m temps aren't there but 850's are. 

6Z GFS was a dumpster fire in the medium to long range.  The Thanksgiving cold was also moderated compared to previous runs.

As the models turn. Maybe even 5 days out is too much to count on.

Para goes nuts, you would think there would be a good chance everything west of the 540 line could be snow/mix, time of day stinks, needs to occur 6 hours later.

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

I'm a weenie, but I'd take my chances with a track like that, especially out this way.  In any case, there's still plenty of time for fine tune the track and for the timing to change (so its at night).  Hell, it will probably be totally different at 18z, anyways!  :bag:

We need to see that low deepen on future model runs so the low can throw moisture back into the cold sector. That would also pulls on some of the cold available to the north and west. After this timeframe the GFS goes dumpster fire for the first week of December. The low is weak and elongated on the OP GFS. I'd also take the para GFS with a boulder of salt. I haven't seen how well it verifies yet.

We need to see that low deepen on future model runs so the low can throw moisture back into the cold sector. That would also pulls on some of the cold available to the north and west. After this timeframe the GFS goes dumpster fire for the first week of December. The low is weak and elongated on the OP GFS. I'd also take the para GFS with a boulder of salt. I haven't seen how well it verifies yet.

The upgrade has sucked so far it flips more than the regular

Looking at anything on the models past 7 days is futile.

Those are some cold 850 temps!

Archived