Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV has had a few diverts as well, DTW-based flight diverted to MHT. Quite a few holding over 33 approach figuring out what to do. Its miraculous that 3 or 4 have made it out in the past hour after de-icing. Imaging taking off in this weather. But they did and are just making it to their destinations now. 

BTV has had a few diverts as well, DTW-based flight diverted to MHT. Quite a few holding over 33 approach figuring out what to do. Its miraculous that 3 or 4 have made it out in the past hour after de-icing. Imaging taking off in this weather. But they did and are just making it to their destinations now. 

That's a great update. I really have seen extremely limited delays and problems at BTV in all sorts of weather. They do a great job there. 

Man there is a ridiculous amount of liquid in this snow now.  There's like 8-10" in my yard on the ground but must be at least 2" of LE.  All the CoCoRAHS staions this morning in this area were 1.5" to even over 2" of 24 hour precip before today's round.  

This is dendrite's type of snow...though it is atrocious skiing snow.  Probably the heaviest QPF winter weather event I can remember in a long time and its not done yet.

Man there is a ridiculous amount of liquid in this snow now.  There's like 8-10" in my yard on the ground but must be at least 2" of LE.  All the CoCoRAHS staions this morning in this area were 1.5" to even over 2" of 24 hour precip before today's round.  

This is dendrite's type of snow...though it is atrocious skiing snow.  Probably the heaviest QPF winter weather event I can remember in a long time and its not done yet.

I just shoveled the slush off the roof

That's a great base. I know it's knee tearing stuff for skiers, but you gotta love wet snow.

Yeah any snow that sticks to trees like that is beautiful. Really any snow is good snow.

I will say the slushy messes in parking lots and roads is the one downfall. You don't worry about walking through a parking lot and stepping down to your mid-shin in like a watery paste during a cold winter powder bomb. But all snow is still good snow.

It feels like an October snowstorm almost.

Archived