joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.6F  light rain.  Looks like a rainy afternoon as the snow should stay just southwest of here.  Still a soggy snowpack but nothing but an inch of slush to show from this storm.  Probably 25 miles NW of here looks quite different.   Is there still snow on the ground in Concord/Manchester NH?

ended up just shy of 6" lat night, as of 0700 we had 10" snowpack, which is currently sucking up this rain falling and temp of 35F.  Looking at the hills it does look like snow is falling not much higher than my location.  

He's just far enough west. FZRA/RA just east of him (MPV, CDA, 1V4). But that should eventually go away when it occludes.

I cleaned the car windshield off and these are the flake sizes that are falling. We have an easy inch of new now just because they are so big. It takes like 20 flakes on the board to get an inch.

I cleaned the car windshield off and these are the flake sizes that are falling. We have an easy inch of new now just because they are so big. It takes like 20 flakes on the board to get an inch.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Haha nice! Dumping nicely here too. Should continue through 8pm or so here, taper off through 10pm, then pretty much be flurries after that.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice - beyond the silver dollar size.  I've only seen one event to compare, in March nearly 30 years ago, when we joked about flakes as big as paper money.  (Hyperbole of course - biggest were 3-4", though.)  Some were spinning as they descended, like slomo maple seeds.

Still mid 30s RA in Augusta, not melting much snow but making gray patches where it's puddling up.  Slushtastic!

Archived