Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question.  

I sent in my application to Western Connecticut State on Thursday night and the only materials left to send are my transcripts from the two community colleges I attend.  One of the community colleges I've only taken one class at and I'm currently still taking the class...and if I pass it I will be taking the next course in the spring.  

When sending transcripts should I wait until this semester ends so it has my latest grades or is it ok to send them at any time?  

Question.  

I sent in my application to Western Connecticut State on Thursday night and the only materials left to send are my transcripts from the two community colleges I attend.  One of the community colleges I've only taken one class at and I'm currently still taking the class...and if I pass it I will be taking the next course in the spring.  

When sending transcripts should I wait until this semester ends so it has my latest grades or is it ok to send them at any time?  

I'd ask their transfer counselor.  My take (this is my industry, and I had in college admission staffs for many years prior to going on the consulting side) is that If the prior work was decent, I'd send them.  They might admit you based on prior work.  Of course they have the option to hold off and request the final transcript if that helps them make the decision.  Either way, the transfer counselor should be able to tell your their preference.

I'd ask their transfer counselor. My take (this is my industry, and I had in college admission staffs for many years prior to going on the consulting side) is that If the prior work was decent, I'd send them. They might admit you based on prior work. Of course they have the option to hold off and request the final transcript if that helps them make the decision. Either way, the transfer counselor should be able to tell your their preference.

This is great information! Thank you. My GPA is just under 3.0...was brought down from almost 3.2 b/c of the C I got in Calc II.

I'm assuming that's good enough to get into WCSU haha

I just did one of those COMET MetEd modules called "Snowmelt Processes". It had a ton of good info on snowpack characteristics and behavior in general, and although the focus seemed to be flood hydrology, I think the snowpack aficionados will find it useful as well. Highly recommended as a primer for the upcoming season. 

Lol how's this for hype, I was flipping through the channels and I came upon a news clip, channel 5 I think, that went a little something like this:

"Record breaking snows in buffalo, could this be a sign of the WORST WINTER EVER?" Complete with gigantic icy all caps graphic for "worst winter ever."

I'll count this as a plus for our outlook.

You probably know more already then what's taught there :lol:

:lol:

I still have a ton to learn with at least computer models...I still don't think I have a great interpretation of them, especially when it comes to winter weather and forecasting.  I really can't wait to finally get into the meteorology classes...been waiting for so long.  

If I can pass Calc III this semester and pass diffy Q next semester than once I go to WCSU all I have to do is Physics I and II, an astronomy class and just the core-met classes!

Archived