• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official 2014 Fall Discussion Thread

jburns

I was thinking Cosgrove got mad and wished over and inch of ice upon many people that ended up happening.

Anways to my KCAE people, all rain on the GFS for us as of 06z.  Not really seeing a reason why we would get cold enough in this situation for anything else.  Also, 00z Euro EPS had 0 members with Wintry weather through the whole forecast period.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ENS have a lot of spread, as expected. But, seems like were up for some cutters in Nov, IMO.

Looking at the EURO and both GFS's I saw cutters.... and gulf lows that were way too warm thanks to some LOWs up in the Great Lakes kicking out any HIGHS to the north that would get us cold. 

Cold is not very impressive either.  Think it may be time to pack up and come back in December...

Looking at the EURO and both GFS's I saw cutters.... and gulf lows that were way too warm thanks to some LOWs up in the Great Lakes kicking out any HIGHS to the north that would get us cold. 

Cold is not very impressive either.  Think it may be time to pack up and come back in December...

post-987-0-79379000-1415721510_thumb.png

JK man...  You presented the perfect opportunity, though. :)

The picture is becoming increasingly clear that this cold shot is directed towards the middle of the nation as opposed to the SE.  Perhaps the next shot will be more pointed directly at us.

I don't care if it's directed more towards the middle of the nation. Highs around 45 and lows around 25 later this week is COLD by November standards. We won't get warmer than 53 or so for at least 5 straight days. Impressive for this time of year.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

JK man...  You presented the perfect opportunity, though. :)

Tombstone!! Awesome movie...New term....Miller A with potential on the models..will be a "Daisy". 

It was more of a mental, focus, philisophical packing up.  I'll always keep checking in this stuff man. But my attention to November is diminishing....I don't know if anybody's paying attention to the temps, but I'm wondering if we'll get below average this month considering how warm it's been. 

Tombstone!! Awesome movie...New term....Miller A with potential on the models..will be a "Daisy". 

It was more of a mental, focus, philisophical packing up.  I'll always keep checking in this stuff man. But my attention to November is diminishing....I don't know if anybody's paying attention to the temps, but I'm wondering if we'll get below average this month considering how warm it's been. 

Around here the first two days of the month were so negative that it's going to take some serious warmth to offset those two days.  Combine that with a few -6 days and KATL is still solidly negative for the month I believe.

Yep, great movie!  I hear you...don't know if we'll end up below or not.  It'll feel like fall, though, with a little winter thrown in for good measure. :)

Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him

Nice!  That's Latin, Darlin'.  Evidently, Mr. Ringo is an educated man.  Now I really hate him.

So now, we got us another D10 Daisy.  I really like that period for a storm.  Given the H5 look on the GFS, it isn't screaming cutter to me.  I like how HP is in a good spot.  If, IF, that is close to correct, western zones up into the MA realistically have a shot at something frozen.  This far east, we'd most likely be rain.  Anyway, the pattern supports a storm.  Hopefully, it is a cold one too.

Nice cross polar flow on the long range models.  Certainly bodes well for a reloading cold pattern.  Interesting little note about the storm in the 216-240 hour range, it's actually a piece of the Aleutian low that breaks off and gets caught in the upper level flow.  

Bye-bye, see you in December......

Cold is not very impressive either. Think it may be time to pack up and come back in December...

If you're just here expecting snow, then you might as well never visit the forum until December. I can think of a grand total of one non-minor snow event in November in my lifetime and that was event was just 2" of wet snow.

Archived