joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm upset about richard hitchens... most of you probably don't know him, but he was a friend to many on this board in the old days. always tell your friends what they mean to you. i didn't get to do it in ti

me :(

Yea Forky,he was a great guy. Never met him but spoke to him alot on facebook.RIP.

i'm upset about richard hitchens... most of you probably don't know him, but he was a friend to many on this board in the old days. always tell your friends what they mean to you. i didn't get to do it in time :(

I'm sorry for your loss. He always seemed like a good guy.

6z GFS at 372 and 384 hours have snow for the east coast lol

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KNYC

lol

I have to do a little research today and go back to the posts from October 2011 - did any model start hinting at the pre halloween snowstorm around this timeframe ? Also because of the typhoon in the far east there is the possibility of a deep trough along the east coast towards the end of the month -**** you should have posted this in the October 2014 thread since it is not impossible for it to snow here in late October and it has happened in recent years  and also  posted all your banter from that thread here****.........

I have to do a little research today and go back to the posts from October 2011 - did any model start hinting at the pre halloween snowstorm around this timeframe ? Also because of the typhoon in the far east there is the possibility of a deep trough along the east coast towards the end of the month -**** you should have posted this in the October 2014 thread since it is not impossible for it to snow here in late October and it has happened in recent years  and also  posted all your banter from that thread here****.........

October snowfall is a bad sign for winter :cry:

October snowfall is a bad sign for winter :cry:

IMO - since there has been under 5 inches of snow total in NYC in  October in 145 years of record keeping you can't just make a blanket statement like that .......I am sure in previous years before 1868 there were quite a few octobers with snowfall and the following winter was above average - it happened in 1876 and 1925

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/monthseasonsnowfall.html

Cant believe that maybe in another month we may start to track some legit snow threats, Albeit small near coastal locals. Feels like yesterday we were all about severe threats and warm weather, even though this summer wasnt really hot to begin with. Snow88 will be posting 384 HR GFS runs everyday before we know it. We will then know that winter is now upon us :lol:

Cant believe that maybe in another month we may start to track some legit snow threats, Albeit small near coastal locals. Feels like yesterday we were all about severe threats and warm weather, even though this summer wasnt really hot to begin with. Snow88 will be posting 384 HR GFS runs everyday before we know it. We will then know that winter is now upon us :lol:

I would say 2 months away.

Archived