joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice...but look at that torch in northern Canada lol. It's almost the time of year where we start watching that area more. A good below normal pattern up there would be nice to start laying some ground work of white.

Its is the GFS fwiw, But yeah, We want to see it start cooling in that region,Definitely by October

How about up to the Bartlett area?  I'll be heading there for the weekend for some hiking and house-hunting (hence my eagerness to get a NH snowfall map)

Another COC day--great stuff.

74.2/61.

Check Glen and Bartlett.  Glen Ledge Rd has some good elevations, easy access to 302 or 16 and lots of side streets with potential properties.  Nordic Ln is another nice street with easy access to Rt 16.

Its is the GFS fwiw, But yeah, We want to see it start cooling in that region,Definitely by October

Yeah it's still very early haha. I find myself caring all the sudden about Canada more than home lol. I was looking at entire model runs to monitor the change in cold up there...like to see more and more blue lines show up on maps haha.

Do you follow weather in Siberia/north Asia because of your job?

If you do, that's a fascinating region. Incredible cold in winter (-70 in Omyakon) and can be extremely hot in summer.

There are a lot of "en-route alternate" cities up there that we forecast for. Alternates meaning emergency cities to use in care a plane needs to divert. The weather is horrible in many if those places. Nothing like -50 and smog from Arctic inversion trapping pollutants.

Still continues to look more seasonal onward to slightly above average.

18z GFS ens have slightly below 850 anomalies in the northeast past the 10th or so. Nothing spectacular. Some sort of trof and lower heights over the east coast or just offshore as a ridge intensifies over the western plains. Sort of looks like 12z euro ensembles agree in the general idea.

Doesn't scream cold blast, just looks like we'll be somewhere in between the real warmth and any cool air.

It definitely looks like it will get more active over te next couple of weeks. You're actually seeing better representation of low pressure thanks to baroclinicty.

If we can get the jetstream to dip south of us it will definitely increase our chances of more precip. Got another several days of insanity to get through though.

Archived