• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014

Rtd208

That above normal pool along the EC really shrunk. It looks like it will be warm, but we probably won't have many 90s (except for EWR, CNJ and PHL). North of I-80 and South of the Lower Hudson Valley will be the coolest area for this month. 

It gets tougher to hit 90 degrees as the month proceeds since the daily maxes steadily drop to about 70 degrees by the

end of September. It may very well be that the first week of September will have the greatest departures for the whole

month in the means and actual high temperatures. 

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't have to be cold. But I'd like to have days in the low 70s with lows in the 50s throughout the month. Dewpoints would also have to be below 50, of course.

Low 70's is cold this time of year with the lower sun angle and the blood still used to summer temps. Right around 80 or climo seems perfect. The first ten days of the month look to be roughly plus 3-5.

I'm sorry but I don't understand people who enjoy days like today and this whole week really especially after the Labor day weekend. Unless your at a pool or beach then it's miserable outside and the humidity is awful.

I'm not biased because I find those who enjoy extreme cold to also be confusing. What would be so bad about 80 with low humidity right now, why does it have to be in the 90s with dews in the 70s.

I'm sorry but I don't understand people who enjoy days like today and this whole week really especially after the Labor day weekend. Unless your at a pool or beach then it's miserable outside and the humidity is awful.

I'm not biased because I find those who enjoy extreme cold to also be confusing. What would be so bad about 80 with low humidity right now, why does it have to be in the 90s with dews in the 70s.

To me it's no different than if today was July 1. Maybe I would have a lower tolerance for it if the whole summer had been like today but honestly I feel short changed so this is making up for it some. Also it helps those of us who have a hard time letting go of Summer. As a kid I hated going back to school.

To me it's no different than if today was July 1. Maybe I would have a lower tolerance for it if the whole summer had been like today but honestly I feel short changed so this is making up for it some. Also it helps those of us who have a hard time letting go of Summer. As a kid I hated going back to school.

September 1 is a lot different than July 1 for most people and the daylight alone is enough to notice that difference but to each their own. This summer was basically dead on normal so I don't get why people feel short changed, and the weekends were spectacular and very comfortable for the most part. Why does summer have to be a ridiculous inferno for people to enjoy it what's wrong with normal. For me it was easier letting go when it started getting cooler rather than persistent summer heat extending into the school year for September. 

12z Guidance maintains the ridge into the east with trough out in the west/Rockies. 

Tues (9/2) looks to be the hottest day of the week with low to mid 90s.  Outside chance some of the warmer spots pull off a 90 wed/thu but most likely in the 82 - 87 range.  Friday (9/5) more widespread 90s and Saturday ahead of the front more upper 80s / low 90s.  By Saturday night/Sunday morning cold front moves through and temps fall back to normal with highs likely in the 70s Sunday-Tue (may begin the warmup). Longer range heights are forecast to rise by Wed (9/10) with the ridge rebuilding into the east.   It will be interesting to track.

test8.gif

Someone needs to create a September banter thread because people's opinions and subjectivity does not make the science of meteorology. It's not even an observation, it's a preference or a rant. I hear enough people complaining or praising the weather day in and day out away from the board... it would be refreshing if I didn't have to gloss through it here. Someone please make that banter thread pronto. Gracias.

EDIT: OH WAIT. There already is: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44353-fall-2014-banter-thread/ Please folks, whine or shine there.

It gets tougher to hit 90 degrees as the month proceeds since the daily maxes steadily drop to about 70 degrees by the

end of September. It may very well be that the first week of September will have the greatest departures for the whole

month in the means and actual high temperatures. 

That's good. That means the GFS could be on to something. 

That's good. That means the GFS could be on to something. 

The departures this week are going to be impressive with 9-1  starting with a +8 to +10 departure for many

locations. So it's probably a good be that the warmest part of September is happening this week.

Today Newark likely hits 95. Which is an official heat wave for them. But the record high is 105 for Newark, 102 for NYC and LGA, back 1953. Friday/Saturday has another chance at 90F+ again away from the coast ahead of a strong cold front. Euro ensemble mean showing near 18C 850mb temps again. Record highs are in the lower 90s both days. Behind that front temps go back down near or slightly below average early next week. Then perhaps back above average later next week with a trough digging into Central US.

Archived