• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
7/27 Severe Threat Discussion and Obs

Kmlwx

Mesoscale discussion but pretty much to our north. LWX is listed in the WFO's tho at the bottom. Wonder if another meso disco will be issued for the stuff back in WV and OH 

EDIT: That meso discussion is also pretty mehish except being for "watch likely"

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of our northern counties are included in that MD.....Harford, Northern Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, etc. 

It's still very fringe-ish tho with only the northern parts of those counties included. They might get into the watch I suppose if one is issued from that. 

In Ocean City on the eastern shore, I believe I'm in a terrible spot for storms, does anyone think we could get something tomorrow afternoon?

Maybe not that bad, you will get into the stronger LLJ  while the rest of us don't later tonight.

I guess maybe something isolated. You're pretty far removed from the SPC slight risk tho. 

?? They are still within the SPC slight risk… The 30% wind and 5% Tor threat bisects Sussex County, DE, so the heavier threat is one county north of OC (Worecester County, MD), but they still have 15%,15%,2% threat. It still remains to be seen what will form and affect that area but according to SPC they are well within the slight risk.

?? They are still within the SPC slight risk… The 30% wind and 5% Tor threat bisects Sussex County, DE, so the heavier threat is one county north of OC (Worecester County, MD), but they still have 15%,15%,5% threat. It still remains to be seen what will form and affect that area but according to SPC they are well within the slight risk.

Was reading that he said "tomorrow afternoon" - then looked to check day 2 outlook from SPC. 

Was reading that he said "tomorrow afternoon" - then looked to check day 2 outlook from SPC. 

Ohhhh my bad I misread that. I thought he was talking about tonight and was so confused to what you were talking about. My apologies

STP at 3 + SBCAPE at 2000j/kg + Effective shear at 50kts + LI at -6 + Supercell Composite at 12 with light showers incoming = I live in the Mid-Atlantic.

Wow those are good parameters. Doesn't look like the cap over your area is that strong either, something may erupt eventually.

Per WBAL on Twitter (my SPC hasn't updated)

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Allegany, Carroll, Frederick and Washington County in MD until 2:00am.

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH NUMBER 449

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

655 PM EDT SUN JUL 27 2014

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

NORTHWESTERN MARYLAND

NORTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY

CENTRAL AND EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA

EXTREME NORTHERN VIRGINIA

NORTHEASTERN WEST VIRGINIA PANHANDLE

* EFFECTIVE THIS SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING FROM 655 PM

UNTIL 200 AM EDT.

* PRIMARY THREATS INCLUDE...

ISOLATED DAMAGING WIND GUSTS TO 70 MPH POSSIBLE

ISOLATED LARGE HAIL EVENTS TO 1.5 INCHES IN DIAMETER POSSIBLE

THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 115

STATUTE MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 25 MILES SOUTHEAST OF

HAGERSTOWN MARYLAND TO 45 MILES NORTH OF WILLIAMSPORT

PENNSYLVANIA.  FOR A COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE

ASSOCIATED WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU9).

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

REMEMBER...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE

FAVORABLE FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH

AREA. PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR

THREATENING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS

AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS. SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAN AND OCCASIONALLY

DO PRODUCE TORNADOES.

&&

OTHER WATCH INFORMATION...CONTINUE...WW 445...WW 446...WW 447...WW 448...

DISCUSSION...SCATTERED TO LOCALLY NUMEROUS TSTMS -- SOME SVR -- WILL

AFFECT WW AREA THROUGH REMAINDER EVENING AND INTO OVERNIGHT

HOURS...BOTH FROM ONGOING PREFRONTAL CLUSTERS AND EVENTUAL

NEAR-FRONTAL BAND MOVING IN FROM W-E AHEAD OF STG SHORTWAVE TROUGH

ALOFT.  REF SPC MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1489 FOR NEAR-TERM/INITIAL

DETAILS.

AVIATION...A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH HAIL SURFACE AND ALOFT

TO 1.5 INCHES. EXTREME TURBULENCE AND SURFACE WIND GUSTS TO 60

KNOTS. A FEW CUMULONIMBI WITH MAXIMUM TOPS TO 500. MEAN STORM

MOTION VECTOR 26025.

Maryland and Pennsylvania are going to get annihilated tonight. South Virginia and northern North Carolina also look to be under the gun for storms and plenty of rain tonight.

Northern Virginia should get off easy with a few passing showers, should be no more than a sixty fourth of an inch of rain at most tonight.

The District will get smashed by the same storm complexes that will murder Maryland.

This go around I might not mind getting only a small amount of light rain --- I am having a lot of trouble keeping up with mowing the lawn. It's a jungle out there LMAO. The grass catcher bag on the mower was so damned HEAVY that I think I might have pulled my lower back somethin' terrible - Maryland can have all the rain tonight thank you very much!

Archived