Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The berks and far western areas never looked good for today, wouldn't call that one of the favored areas

NW areas did fine near the CT river. It's not always going to work out verbatim which is why you sort of pick areas.  They definitely were favored, but SNH always looked good into adjacent nrn MA. BOS did pretty well, but 5 miles away had nothing. So that's how you play the game.

NW areas did fine near the CT river. It's not always going to work out verbatim which is why you sort of pick areas.  They definitely were favored, but SNH always looked good into adjacent nrn MA. BOS did pretty well, but 5 miles away had nothing. So that's how you play the game.

Pretty much. BOS reporting +tsra while I'm dry.

When I looked at the vertical shear values around 5 or 6 AM I got real excited b/c I thought the models ended up underplaying the shear as there was 30 knots of 0-6 shear over much of SNE and a 40 knot area just to the west, however, as the morning progressed that weakened and the best values were confined to the MA Pike and points north and that's where the best stuff occurred.  

Litchfield/Fairfield got lucky with collapsing cores.  

When I looked at the vertical shear values around 5 or 6 AM I got real excited b/c I thought the models ended up underplaying the shear as there was 30 knots of 0-6 shear over much of SNE and a 40 knot area just to the west, however, as the morning progressed that weakened and the best values were confined to the MA Pike and points north and that's where the best stuff occurred.  

Litchfield/Fairfield got lucky with collapsing cores.  

You had a good disco this morning and Jay outlined the area actually rather well too.

NW areas did fine near the CT river. It's not always going to work out verbatim which is why you sort of pick areas. They definitely were favored, but SNH always looked good into adjacent nrn MA. BOS did pretty well, but 5 miles away had nothing. So that's how you play the game.

favored would suggest your choosing that area over others.. best parameters where east of there exactly where we had our severe warnings.. timing looked sketchy for the berks in the days leading up.. I guess its just choice of vocabulary

You had a good disco this morning and Jay outlined the area actually rather well too.

Thanks!

All in all I thought we would see more activity than we did...not necessarily more in the way of severe wx but everything remained rather discrete.  Shear was never forecasted to be great, however, models did show shear increasing after 21z, which occurred and when more bands were supposed to move through but I think the front has slowed down and that has hurt.  I thought the really juicy cape values would offset the lack of shear somewhat and lead to more updraft development.  

Oh well...all in all not bad...everything seems to worked out as thought (it sucks when you don't get anything but can't control that) and this AM the talk of increased helicity and potential for rotating storms worked out too.  

favored would suggest your choosing that area over others.. best parameters where east of there exactly where we had our severe warnings.. timing looked sketchy for the berks in the days leading up.. I guess its just choice of vocabulary

I'm referring to yesterday. Sorry for not being clear..I mean more or less highlighted. 

Archived