amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009-10, the three week winter that ended in the wee hours of 1/3 as snow changed to rain and the retro-bomb locked into place until about May.  Three MA KUs produced nary a flake here, and for the 4th one we got to enjoy 35F rain while NYC was having a 21" snowicane.  The BN snowfall and way AN temps were bad enough (46 cons days above normal Feb 8-Mar 25, with 26 at least +10), but having areas to the south not just snowier but also colder was tough to take, especially for those trying to make a living in the woods.

I must be one of the few that don't feel that screwed from '09/'10. I know the snowfall was pedestrian...but two double digit storms made it doable for me. Plus, a couple of real good storms, albeit not snow.

You don't recall NYC getting 20 while we poured rain? The elephant winter.

Well in NNE it's a different story..I understand that.

But I chalk up to the MA getting those two big KUs and the NYC retro storm as so anomalous...that it's hard to get worked up over. To each his own, but I don't view that winter has all that frustrating for me personally. Out in ORH where they were 1F from getting a Dec '92 redux and places up in NE MA probably feel different. 

You don't recall NYC getting 20 while we poured rain? The elephant winter.

Of course...but that was so anomalous. Certainly not like Winter 2011-Jan 2013 where I got middle fingered every which way. Plus we got an epic wind event from that..esp NE MA. Again..I'll take my two double digit events when we had so few compared to the 80s.

I must be one of the few that don't feel that screwed from '09/'10. I know the snowfall was pedestrian...but two double digit storms made it doable for me. Plus, a couple of real good storms, albeit not snow.

Don't forget the 2/5/10 bust.   they called for 18-24 here and we got 6,  Boston got some light rain after calls for 10-15...and then the big ol 2/25/10 rainer while areas south and west picked up 10-20

Getting screwed by someone getting snow 200 miles way hurts a lot less than getting screwed when someone is pounding snow 20 miles away.

200 for you, about 50 for me.  Just horrific.  12/19/09 was our only real event-I was lucky to get that.   Give me an 11-12 winter over that garbage.

Archived