Newest Member
    Toothache
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang.

My wife's Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday not looking so good this morning.

NWS dropped the forecast high from 74 to 64 overnight, with some chance of showers.

A 10 degree difference when the original forecast was only 72hrs away.

Looks like the wedge doesn't want to budge.

Yesterday the forecast from WRAL said the rain would stay east of Raleigh for Saturday. Today they have it being a total washout. The kids are going to have to hunt eggs inside at the church tomorrow, and looks like my son's first t-ball practice isn't going to happen. I don't know why Mother Nature seems to be miserable lately, but I am really tired of the cool, wet weather. We need a couple of weeks of 70s and dry.

Yesterday the forecast from WRAL said the rain would stay east of Raleigh for Saturday. Today they have it being a total washout. The kids are going to have to hunt eggs inside at the church tomorrow, and looks like my son's first t-ball practice isn't going to happen. I don't know why Mother Nature seems to be miserable lately, but I am really tired of the cool, wet weather. We need a couple of weeks of 70s and dry.

That b*tch!

Ok folks how did they botch the forecast in the short range here? Why all the sudden the washout? Sorry, kind of closed down for the Spring for keeping up with the models. Is this a surprise?

Greg Fishel has mentioned the possibility of rain for days now but the low in the gulf seems to be stronger than what the models showed earlier in the week. Even in the spring a washout frontal zone in the gulf can spawn decent sized lows.

Ok folks how did they botch the forecast in the short range here? Why all the sudden the washout? Sorry, kind of closed down for the Spring for keeping up with the models. Is this a surprise?

No its not a surprise. They consistently were showing this moving further N. I have been checking every run to make sure I get my 6 inches of rain. Four days ago, we were lucky to get a shower. NAM just caught on yesterday.

No its not a surprise. They consistently were showing this moving further N. I have been checking every run to make sure I get my 6 inches of rain. Four days ago, we were lucky to get a shower. NAM just caught on yesterday.

I hope you get .60 inches of rain and Brick gets 5 inches on Saturday ! :). :) !! That felt good! :)

Robert's been calling for rain this weekend for several days now.  I'm not surprised at all that it's going to rain.  But, he doesn't simply read the model output.  It's called synoptic forecasting.  Check out his Facebook page or his pay site if you want a better forecast than the local TV media guys.

You can have all my rain. Plain rain and plain cold is miserable and boring.

Funny. I never complain about the heat. I enjoy hot and sunny a lot more than cold and rainy or just plain cold. And missing a severe storm is not a big deal, either. I enjoy following sevre weather wherever it is. It is only when I miss out on snow in winter that I complain.

Troll.

We ended the event with 2.32. Flood watches cancelled now. Whale, you guys have to make me moderator for a week since I didn't get 6 inches.

Wow, metalman, there's so much that could be said about your last sentence in that quote, but I'll just be content to point out the first word:

I'm pretty sure that 2.32 inches of rainfall does not put you in a state of Noahic flood; so I seriously doubt that you are conversing with whales right now.  Or, were you just attempting to insult Mack, since you were responding to his statement?

Archived