Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skydiver almost hit by meteorite, gotta be about 20 gazillion to one that you could catch something like this on video this close to you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIIzckUv2Mo

What do you guys make of that?  Friction would have it go away - to some point in the atmosphere...

... 'til it burned.  The velocity would be too great to photograph?  Physics prove this?

The squirrel lived... I'm sure.

I saw a rock, flying squirrel, and a passing friend.

I think the wife was throwing rocks, from the plane, at him.

Been at Myrtle since yesterday afternoon. Weather is awesome. Food is awesome. Money depletion accelerator functioning within normal parameters.

Ever since they destroyed the Pavilion this phrase has been uttered more and more at Myrtle.  I still really miss that place and its kind of sad that I will never be able to take my children there one day.  Oh well, at least I can still waste money doing a zip line... whew hew. 

40 years ago today I became a weather nerd, thanks to the Xenia tornado :)

Yea......I know it was a long time ago.....but I remember that day just like it was yesterday :P

I'm not sure how I got into weather. I know I used to have about dang near a phobia of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. If a tornado warning was issued for a county nearby in Chicago such as dupage County, I would have freak out like crazy! Then I always thought every storm produced a tornado. When those tornado sirens when off, I turned ill immediately. I still remember all those violent thunderstorms. I wish I loved storms back then like I do today. I always loved the winter and looked forward to snowstorms and blizzards.

I'm not sure how I got into weather. I know I used to have about dang near a phobia of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. If a tornado warning was issued for a county nearby in Chicago such as dupage County, I would have freak out like crazy! Then I always thought every storm produced a tornado. When those tornado sirens when off, I turned ill immediately. I still remember all those violent thunderstorms. I wish I loved storms back then like I do today. I always loved the winter and looked forward to snowstorms and blizzards.

Don't look now, but if you love blizzards and snowstorms, you got off at the wrong bus stop! Kind of like the reverse " welcome to the jungle video" You may be to young to know what a video is ? They use to be on this channel called MTV, they played them all the time back in the late 80s early 90s

Ever since they destroyed the Pavilion this phrase has been uttered more and more at Myrtle. I still really miss that place and its kind of sad that I will never be able to take my children there one day. Oh well, at least I can still waste money doing a zip line... whew hew.

Yeah, I miss the Pavilion too. Used to spend a lot of time there as a kid. There's still a ton to do and a ton of places to spend money, especially when your kid sees all the pretty colors and jungle golf things and rides and stuff. And, of course, I like to eat out....a lot! :)

Yeah, I miss the Pavilion too. Used to spend a lot of time there as a kid. There's still a ton to do and a ton of places to spend money, especially when your kid sees all the pretty colors and jungle golf things and rides and stuff. And, of course, I like to eat out....a lot! :)

Yeah, there's still stuff to do and lots to eat! Went to the wonder wheel or whatever it's called last year and ate at that jimmy buffet restaurant right beside the wheel and it was good!

Yeah, there's still stuff to do and lots to eat! Went to the wonder wheel or whatever it's called last year and ate at that jimmy buffet restaurant right beside the wheel and it was good!

We went to that thing last year too. It cost some $$. We got to the top and it stopped to let people on at the bottom. The view was fantastic, though it was a little eerie with the wind blowing pretty big. It was howling and whistling through the capsule.

Ever since they destroyed the Pavilion this phrase has been uttered more and more at Myrtle.  I still really miss that place and its kind of sad that I will never be able to take my children there one day.  Oh well, at least I can still waste money doing a zip line... whew hew. 

Ya when we went last year we went through some money but it is all in how you plan your vacation also. I mean most of our money was spent doing things and going places around Myrtle  Beach. I know people really do not like the beach but they have mad some really good upgrades there in the past few years. If you want to see a beautiful beach then you really need to go down into the Gulf of Mexico to see a beautiful beach. The food is pretty affordable down there also if you really look around and shop at some good places to each at. I have always liked Myrtle Beach for some reason. It is a happening place and they have done a lot to clean it up per se.

Lol ya my oldest son last year was like I want to do that and go there especially at Broadway. There is lots to do that is for sure. Also were we stayed we were only like 5 minutes away from most of all the cool places to go also. We stayed right off of Kings Ave right on the Beach. Was very convenient and was easy to get around at that spot.

Never been to Destin.

How's your mom doing, by the way?

Thanks for asking I have been trying not to harp on really what is going on and just trying to stay positive and she it to.  She is doing well. She has finished two cycles of chemo. Each cycle is 3 treatments in 8 days. So she has had a lot taken out of her with each cycle and trying to get her diet down to were she can eat without getting constipated because of her stomach surgery removing the cancer there. She has lost a lot of weight but is finally maintaining which is about the best we can do right know. She is going to take a clinical drug that is called a parp inhibitor that targets the molecular cell makeup of the cancer cell to help prevent the cancer cells from reforming. They have come a long way in treatments but there is a lot that still need to be done. I read on line  saying that in 10 years Cancer will be the number one killer in America and I believe it. I think a lot of it stems from what we eat and how our food is processed and treated. 

<Haven't been to Myrtle Beach... Since I was an Adonis.

Tanned... 31" waist, chiseled, 400bp!

25 years ago.

If I went now:

I guess I'd just be an old man with long eyebrow hairs and pants to my chest.

Wife with tatas dragging the sand - all sorts of ugly stuff bunched-up in her one piece w/ wrap-around.  

We'd be walking a little rat dog, too.  I'd probably just run out into the Atlantic and drown

myself.  The old lady and nasty dog wouldn't notice 'till they needed my wallet for a hot dog and Margarita.

I'd be watching them pick up sea shells before my last gasp.... thinking, yep - this was a fine day.

<Haven't been to Myrtle Beach... Since I was an Adonis.

Tanned... 31" waist, chiseled, 400bp!

25 years ago.

If I went now:

I guess I'd just be an old man with long eyebrow hairs and pants to my chest.

Wife with tatas dragging the sand - all sorts of ugly stuff bunched-up in her one piece w/ wrap-around.

We'd be walking a little rat dog, too. I'd probably just run out into the Atlantic and drown

myself. The old lady and nasty dog wouldn't notice 'till they needed my wallet for a hot dog and Margarita.

I'd be watching them pick up sea shells before my last gasp.... thinking, yep - this was a fine day.

Hey, come on down then, buddy. You'd fit right in! :D

Thanks for asking I have been trying not to harp on really what is going on and just trying to stay positive and she it to. She is doing well. She has finished two cycles of chemo. Each cycle is 3 treatments in 8 days. So she has had a lot taken out of her with each cycle and trying to get her diet down to were she can eat without getting constipated because of her stomach surgery removing the cancer there. She has lost a lot of weight but is finally maintaining which is about the best we can do right know. She is going to take a clinical drug that is called a parp inhibitor that targets the molecular cell makeup of the cancer cell to help prevent the cancer cells from reforming. They have come a long way in treatments but there is a lot that still need to be done. I read on line saying that in 10 years Cancer will be the number one killer in America and I believe it. I think a lot of it stems from what we eat and how our food is processed and treated.

Yeah, I'm sure the junk we eat and probably cell phones and things like that all play a role. Anyway, we'll continue to lift her up in our thoughts and prayers.

Archived