• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

Never give up the dream! They let about anybody on the senior tour that can still stand up! :)

Mack, you big ball of arse!

<Had a 425 natural bench press 15 years ago.  

Got 1 year to get back into the game.  

Only if... Mack

will be my trainer.  Come on Mack.  Please!!!!

Still in fair shape. Like my boots?  The teats are temporary, I'm sure.

SeeingWeb.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicklaus had some bad years.  My recollection.

<Played golf in HS.  Love the game.  Play on WGT now.  A little less expensive...

... no less frustrating.

BTW... Stallone was 61 when he did Balboa.  Gives me some sorta hope...

... Don't write off "The Big Crapper!"

Nicklaus was a better come from behind finisher. In 8 of his major championships he trailed after 54 holes. It also seems, based on recent events, that Jack may wind up being  a top player for a longer period of time.  Besides his 18 wins in majors he finished

second 19 times and finished in the top five 56 times.

His body seemed to hold up much better than Tiger's seems to be doing. Nicklaus played in 154 consecutive majors for which he was eligible over a period of 41 years (1957-1998).

Nicklaus was a better come from behind finisher. In 8 of his major championships he trailed after 54 holes. It also seems, based on recent events, that Jack may wind up being  a top player for a longer period of time.  Besides his 18 wins in majors he finished

His body seemed to hold up much better than Tiger's seems to be doing. Nicklaus played in 154 consecutive majors for which he was eligible over a period of 41 years (1957-1998).

Seems a little bit obvious that Tiger has given into the modern-day science of "sports performance"... add to that, his addiction to success that came too fast.

As I say... A few years.  Don't forget the others.

Tiger will come back.... not now, not next year.  He'll be back.   :)

<Grew up with Jack.  <Hope Tiger can find himself again.

Mack, you big ball of arse!

<Had a 425 natural bench press 15 years ago.

Got 1 year to get back into the game.

Only if... Mack

will be my trainer. Come on Mack. Please!!!!

Still in fair shape. Like my boots? The teats are temporary, I'm sure.

SeeingWeb.jpg

I can't bench 425, but my personal best chicken wing count at one sitting is 51! Wing king! :)

I can't bench 425, but my personal best chicken wing count at one sitting is 51! Wing king! :)

Aspirations!  

That's just wings, right?  No beer, sides, or other "filler materials"?

No audience.  Just your wife and kids watching you?

How did that feel when you couldn't eat the 52nd wing?

"Daddy... Can we go home now?"

Aspirations!

That's just wings, right? No beer, sides, or other "filler materials"?

No audience. Just your wife and kids watching you?

How did that feel when you couldn't eat the 52nd wing?

"Daddy... Can we go home now?"

No beer, but a few glasses of sweet tea, no fillers! A group from work went to wild wings lunch buffet, they all wanted to challenge me and watch me in action! They put tater tots and soup on the bar to fill you up, but those are rookie mistakes! The next closest person was 27 or 28 wings! When your given a gift you have to use it! If I go with the family, I keep it at a calm 30-40 wings, lol

No beer, but a few glasses of sweet tea, no fillers! A group from work went to wild wings lunch buffet, they all wanted to challenge me and watch me in action! They put tater tots and soup on the bar to fill you up, but those are rookie mistakes! The next closest person was 27 or 28 wings! When your given a gift you have to use it! If I go with the family, I keep it at a calm 30-40 wings, lol

Discipline.

Mack you are, no doubt, a Master.  I would have had a couple beers and

a dozen tasty tots.  

Kudos to you... for keeping your family away from the serious stuff!

<I bow, in honor of The Big Mack.

Masters 1986 saw a fantastic comeback by Jack. That is my favorite tourney of alltime (I have it on VHS). Yes sir!!

Sweet tea! That's what I'm talkin about. This post made me lol. 50+ wings is impressive!

I went to the driving range last week and hit the ball the best I ever have, which isn't that great compared to some of you guys but meh... I've only gotten a par a handful of times. My first one was from a beautiful drive, about 145 onto the green, had to put it back down the hill about 50 feet and lagged it to within 3 feet. Not too shabby... haha! Then I hit it into the water twice on the very next hole (a par 3 over water). haha! :lol:

I went to the driving range last week and hit the ball the best I ever have, which isn't that great compared to some of you guys but meh... I've only gotten a par a handful of times. My first one was from a beautiful drive, about 145 onto the green, had to put it back down the hill about 50 feet and lagged it to within 3 feet. Not too shabby... haha! Then I hit it into the water twice on the very next hole (a par 3 over water). haha! :lol:

Nice!  Done that before.  Usually, I'll leave a 20 ft putt 10 ft short or putt it 10 ft past the hole.  As far as water goes, just imagine it as concrete and you won't hit into it again. :)

I'm all-in for the mid-April snow shown for MBY on the 00z Euro.  IT'S GONNA HAPPEN. :weenie:

Same here. Even though accumulation wise it won't happen. But visual affects sure it can happen.

But I'm going all in too :chips on table: might as well since if my plans go accordingly this will be my last summer in NC.

Snow shields......DEPLOY!! Not buying a word of it. Climo wins 99.75% of the time once into April.

True  true but April 2002 was an odd ball year. Record heat(90s) week prior to week later cold with rain to snow in mid April.

Speaking of dry. Many locales in the Carolinas have ridiculously low rh. Values. In fact kcae has 88 current temp

Rh 11%. Manning is even lower at 8% rh

I was noticing that as well, its 18% here and dropping thats pretty darn low for eastern NC swamp country, in Raleigh its 90 with 10% RH, so it apparently can only be winter or summer weather wise..... would it be to much to ask to get 3-4 weeks of highs in the upper 60's and low 70's with lows in the upper 40's low 50's without it raining all the time.

I was noticing that as well, its 18% here and dropping thats pretty darn low for eastern NC swamp country, in Raleigh its 90 with 10% RH, so it apparently can only be winter or summer weather wise..... would it be to much to ask to get 3-4 weeks of highs in the upper 60's and low 70's with lows in the upper 40's low 50's without it raining all the time.

Wow... just noticed (from the posts)!

Did water outdoor plants yesterday.  All dry now.

Saw cats clawing the drapes late this morn (usual)... but, sparks were flying from their feet.

84, 16%.  Never seen it that low!  <Thought the instrument bottomed out at 25%. 

Speaking of dry. Many locales in the Carolinas have ridiculously low rh. Values. In fact kcae has 88 current temp

Rh 11%. Manning is even lower at 8% rh

The rh was 8% at CAE yesterday afternoon too  :)    I was quite happy to see that, because 88 degrees is just too hot  :P  

Can I have spring back?  :(  

Might not be the best place for this but a mod can move to a more appropo location if desired. Just received an email from the Comet weather site with a new lesson as discussed below. Could be a good read. FWIW

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The COMET Program is pleased to announce the publication of the new lesson, "How Satellite Observations Impact NWP". Satellite observations have played a crucial role in the improvement of data assimilation, analyses, and forecasts by numerical weather prediction (NWP) models. This 90-minute lesson provides meteorologists with an understanding of satellite data, NWP models, data assimilation systems, and how and why satellite data is so important for good NWP model forecasts. The lesson discusses how new satellite observations are vetted for inclusion as observational data suitable for data assimilation and covers how data assimilation uses this data to create an analysis of initial conditions from which to run an NWP forecast. The lesson ends with a discussion of potential future advances in using data from new and planned satellite sensors in data assimilation systems and the expected improvements in NWP forecasts that could result.

The intended audience for this lesson includes operational forecasters unfamiliar with just how significant the use of satellite observations are for creating initial conditions for NWP models and/or those unfamiliar with data assimilation in general. The lesson is well-suited for faculty teaching meteorology students about how satellite observations are vital for high-quality data assimilation system analyses and NWP guidance. Please follow this link to the MetEd description page that provides additional information and a link to begin the lesson: https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_module.php?id=1016

Archived