joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says spring 2014 banter. It does not say off topic. What does any of the previous comments have to do with spring banter? Oh that's right, it doesn't. Yet when I went off topic last week about cops that people did not agree with, I got a warning.

Because what you were posting was probably inflammatory. I remember the conversation turning into yet another bickering/trolling match that a mod had to come into and delete, and that you were involved in it. That's why you were warned, not because of the other extraneous topics discussed here. If it's not inflammatory and not meant to attack other posters, banter threads are pretty much open ended. It's a boring weather pattern now, so what do you expect people to talk about?

Seriously, get over it.

Just the term New Yorker is offensive. Where else in this country do people define themselves by the city in which they live in? You don't see anyone claiming to be a Los Angler or a Chicagoer.

Angelinos....Chicagoians

And I'd like to add of course that offends you. What doesn't? Seriously yanks please don't visit NYC anymore and while we are at it , I'd like to ban you from LI too lol.

Because what you were posting was probably inflammatory. I remember the conversation turning into yet another bickering/trolling match that a mod had to come into and delete, and that you were involved in it. That's why you were warned, not because of the other extraneous topics discussed here. If it's not inflammatory and not meant to attack other posters, banter threads are pretty much open ended. It's a boring weather pattern now, so what do you expect people to talk about?

Seriously, get over it.

Hey is banning Yanksfan from NY count as attacking him? Lol

This particular map of the USA includes NYC proper in the humid continental (warm summer) classification.

It's the overnight lows (UHI effect) that keep NYC proper's coldest month's mean temp > 0c. Otherwise, the high temps and snowfall pattern is similar to other locations with a humid continental warm summer climate on the east coast (e.g. coastal SNE, NE NJ, CNJ).

2v8ph8g.jpg

Seriously, get over it.

If you want to get technical, the calendar says Spring and everyone's bantering so what's the problem with some people. We're in the doldrums so yeah it's pretty boring. There's not much to talk about weatherwise except what the temperature will be like they do in the SNE forum or whether the month will average +0.5 or -0.5 (favor the latter FWIW). 

I can't wait to hear all the complaining though next week when it's cloudy and damp almost everyday. 

How you can root for such a historically terrible team is beyond me. The best hockey team in the past 30 years resides in Newark, NJ. At least as far as this area is concerned.

How anyone can watch baseball which, what would you say, 85% of which is equivalent to watching paint dry is beyond me.  What time are the Devils playing...

How you can root for such a historically terrible team is beyond me. The best hockey team in the past 30 years resides in Newark, NJ. At least as far as this area is concerned.

Who roots for teams based on their historical record?

The Devils had a good run but they are way over the hill now. Their fluke run to the finals two years ago is an anomaly and the current meta for them will be golf in April unfortunately.

Who roots for teams based on their historical record?

The Devils had a good run but they are way over the hill now. Their fluke run to the finals two years ago is an anomaly and the current meta for them will be golf in April unfortunately.

They just need to rebuild and it starts with goaltending. They have a solid goaltender in Schneider. The Devils got screwed by Kovalchuck suddenly leaving and it's going to be a gradual process.

I've been lucky enough to witness in person two Stanley Cup victories and the team has 3 cups and 5 trips to the finals in my lifetime. Not too shabby and way more than Ranger fans can say.

Archived